My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

System Hangs when Moving recordings to Usb Ext Hdd

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubble

Hi, Has anyone had similar issues when moving / copying recordings to a USB Ext Hdd. I recently added a Seagate 2TB External Hdd via USB, after first formatting it to FAT32 on my PC. I moved three recordings each of about an hour one at a time onto the Ext Hdd with no problems, each took about 30 Mins to complete. I then attempted a fourth recording in the same manner but after about 3Hrs it had not completed so I aborted the procedure. I removed the Ext Hdd and re booted the Humax. I then recorded a short programme of approx 3 Mins so that I could then try to move this recording to a pen drive but this didn't work either and I aborted it after 15 Mins. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

| Sun 8 May 2016 12:50:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Any reason for choosing FAT32 ? It's a very inefficient file system for large drives and of course has a file size limit of 4GB. The recent Humax boxes support NTFS and I imagine the FVP4000T does as well.

How did you format a 2TB drive on your PC in FAT32 ? . Windows will only format a partition up to 32GB, though you can format larger using a command window or 3rd party software.

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 8 May 2016 12:55:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubble

Thank you for the welcome and swift reply.

I chose FAT32 after first connecting Ext Hdd supplied formatted as NTFS and it didn't work. I contacted Humax Customer Support and was advised that the FVP4000T was running a Linux system and FAT32 file format. I used a PC running Win XP and Third party software from Verbatim Smartdisk FAT32 Utility to get beyond 32GB.

| Sun 8 May 2016 13:14:24 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.