My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

T2 Fox Pre-Purchase Questions

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonchill

I'm looking at purchasing the T2 and have a couple of questions, my understanding is the T2 can stream files off my home network, is this correct?

How well does it do it and does it support most formats?

I've currently got a Netgear EVA8000 and wanted to know if I could replace this with the T2.

Also what is currently available to play over the internet?

Thanks

Jon

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 18:01:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

I recieved mine in the post this week. I have used it to stream to and from my network. I have watched Private Ryan on my mobile etc.

It has detected our mobiles on the newtork and allowed us to view pics and video file without the need to attach any wires, using DNLA.

It's better than skys multiroom as you don't need to pay an extra monthly subs to get recorded tv in each room. providing your telly etc has DNLA cert you can pull content from the PVR without problem.

I looked at Sony and samsung etc but after cheking reevoo.com settled on the humax PVR Fox T2 500g
    podman

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 19:14:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

since posting earlier on i have managed to use the app imediashare on my android phone to send all manner of podcasts and video casts from the likes of CNN, cbs, cnet, facebook and loads more to the telly via the humax. Once the app is running humax sees it as a media server and lists the channels to play.

Def better than the other offerings out in the UK

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 23:58:53 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.