My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

T2000 not recording in standby?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stormwave

This has happened to me twice now, on the only two occasions I attempted to record in standby mode.

When turning the box on, it seems it hasn't even attempted the recording. I turned the box on today during the episode in question, and it appeared to start recording when I switched to the channel.

I'm not really sure what is going on here. Am I doing something wrong?

I set the standby mode to the "Ready" setting and the timeout to 12 hours. I tested a manual recording (not series) whilst in standby mode which I initiated myself (not automatically entering standby) earlier, and it seemed to work okay.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 22:51:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

To reduce the number of missed recordings change the standby mode from 'Ready' (or 'Always Ready' !) to 'Energy saver'.

The HUMAX/BT youview recorders can tune to multiple transmitters which can confuse the recording start for those effected.

In 'Ready' mode it looks at the last transmitter that was watched for the start signal.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 23:19:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I think this more to do with broadcast than the box. We have had some problems in the past with some ITV 1 programmes, as we got 2000T and a 4000T plus we also got a BT 2100 Youview box.

My wife loves Emmerdale and the 2000T started missing recording, so I backed it up on the 4000T, and that started missing the same episodes and so did the Youview box even though the programme was on, but it seems OK now.

So all important programmes now we back it up or watch it on demand if its on any of the players if they fail to record.

If your box is in eco mode (deep sleep) it will come out of it about 10 minutes before the programme starts to look for the start signal.
    Also I found in Eco mode on the Youview box the loop through don't work and so you will need a splitter, plus it takes ages to come on.

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 10:28:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

bill63 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think this more to do with broadcast than the box. We have had some problems in the past with some ITV 1 programmes, as we got 2000T and a 4000T plus we also got a BT 2100 Youview box.
    My wife loves Emmerdale and the 2000T started missing recording, so I backed it up on the 4000T, and that started missing the same episodes and so did the Youview box even though the programme was on, but it seems OK now.
    So all important programmes now we back it up or watch it on demand if its on any of the players if they fail to record.
    If your box is in eco mode (deep sleep) it will come out of it about 10 minutes before the programme starts to look for the start signal.
    Also I found in Eco mode on the Youview box the loop through don't work and so you will need a splitter, plus it takes ages to come on.

The significant fault is NOT the broadcaster.
    All Humax HD terrestrial boxes have the same fault.
    You have mentioned 3 boxes all made by Humax.
    I can make this happen at will on HDR-2000T, HDR-FOX T2, DTR-T2110, DTR-T1010, DTR-T4000.
    I can also stopo it happing on any of those by manually tiuning.
    It does not happen on a Vestel freeview box or a talktalk youview box and probably many other makes.

With the Freeview Humax boxes a manual tuning to just 1 transmitter will improve things massively so that any faults are more likly to be the broadcaster.
    With a Humax/BT youviw box to me sure of tuning to just 1 transmitter is a bit harder as there is no manual tune option.

Regarding emmerdale...
    There are 2 channels where attempting to record is not influenced by being tuned to a different transmitter. They are BBC ONE SD and ITV 1 SD. If you also record from those then you will have a backup if the HD version fails.

The difference in eco mode is that it will watch for the start 'signal' from the transmitter for the channel that is/was due to start being broadcast first. With a HDR-2000T it has to be switched to stand-by (lower power mode) at least 40 minutes before the recording is due. With the Humax youview boxes it is 25 minutes, and there must not be any old timers it is still
    looking for the start.

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 12:48:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Luke,

Weather its in Eco mode or not it still as to gets the same signal to start recording. The eco mode is just a power saver and as nothing to do the way it picks up a record signal, it just boots up a few minutes earlier that's all.
    Youview and freeview recorders work basically the same on recording freeview channels.
    Humax freeview HD and BT T2100 are made by Humax but the Youview box is up dated by my provider BT, so it runs on their software.

The only transmitter we can get is Hannington, so there is no chance of transmitter overlap.
    When we had a problem with ITV a lot of other people round here had similar problems, and yes ITV HD was affected as well.
    But in the last month or so its been fine.

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 22:04:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stormwave

Unfortunately Eco mode didn't work.

I spoke to support on Friday and they said to reset the software. I did this, and it's still not working. It records fine if the box is on, but if it's on standby it doesn't even attempt it.

Any more ideas? :/

| Sun 16 Oct 2016 13:50:44 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.