My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Tapatalk after the 25th May

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

With the implementation of GDPR on the 25th May will Humax be discontinuing the mobile Tapatalk app for the forum?

I have noted a number of forums warning their users that they won't be able to use Tapatalk to access their forums from the 25th May.

The blurb is along the lines of a forum is responsible for how data is used and because they have no control over Tapatalk they have to cease using it.

Perhaps Barry may know something?

| Sun 20 May 2018 23:09:18 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thank you for this post...

We (myhumax.org) will also be discontinuing the Tapatalk app.

| Mon 21 May 2018 7:38:00 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Tapatalk had its day several years ago (at least five) since any moderately recent decent phone's inbuilt browser does a better job.

| Mon 21 May 2018 9:08:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I do find this Humax forum site one of the worst for mobile. It's really a desktop app whereas some others sites have clearly been built with mobile in mind.

| Mon 21 May 2018 16:01:45 #4 |
  5. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

The Tapatalk app has now been disabled.

There will be a post about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how it affects you and the use of this forum soon. There will be no email to flood your inbox like thousands of other companies or organisation s.

We are also thinking about a possible migration to 'responsive' forum software to support mobile devices now that we no longer support Tapatalk.

| Fri 25 May 2018 7:54:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

super-admin - 6 hours ago  » 

We are also thinking about a possible migration to 'responsive' forum software to support mobile devices now that we no longer support Tapatalk.

Thank goodness for that as my old peepers struggle to read the forum on my mobile phone. I realise I can pinch to zoom but it's hardly ideal having to move text from one side of the screen to the other just to be able to read it.

Hope the 'thinking' process can be speeded up.

| Fri 25 May 2018 14:32:44 #6 |
  7. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

It has taken nearly a year for this to be implemented... I hope it has been worth the wait...

Let us know if there are any issues using the forums on a mobile device.

| Mon 22 Apr 2019 21:55:15 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.