My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Telnet access into the HDR-Fox T2

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

I've managed to mod the T2 firmware to get telnet access. However, I consider this success to be purely academic, as the encryption of both the SD and HD content prevents any non-Humax application from making any use of them. The promised, SD content only, DLNA server from Humax will, in the main, make up for this. Personally, I see no point in having additional applications, given their limited usefulness due to encryption issues. Comments anyone ?

| Wed 23 Feb 2011 22:42:29 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Excellent work as usual.

Fully concur with your comments.

| Thu 24 Feb 2011 8:09:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fjk3489tb

raydon,

Can you release details of how you enabled telnet access to the Humax HDR-Fox T2.

I'm interested in telnet access, would be useful to add stuff like auto-backup when disk is filling up, or when files are moved to a folder called ARCHIVE.

SSHd would be good also.

Do you have tools to read the .hdf file format on linux ?

Does this telnet access work with the latest firmware 1.02.07 for FOX T2?

| Sun 20 Mar 2011 13:40:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

fjk3489tb
    Thats a very cryptic nym.
    Sorry, but I will not release details on any public forum on exactly how to build custom firmware. I have made my position clear on this before. Check the thread here on hummy.tv for more information. If people are skilled enough to write and cross compile their own applications for the T2 platform, they should have no problem in achieving root access to the box in the same way I did. A 'how-to' guide would only open the door to every script kiddy on the block to attempt to hack the box. Humax are still actively developing firmware for the HDR-Fox T2, and while this is still going on I certainly won't be giving them any additional problems to contend with.

| Sun 20 Mar 2011 17:42:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Looks like someone else has opened Pandoras box.
    Check out the thread on hummy.tv here

| Thu 14 Apr 2011 13:34:43 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.