My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Temp loss of tv signal

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevelane

HUMAX FVP-5000T Had for about 3 months. Occassionaly I get a message pop up on screen saying there is no signal, check aerial. Then, after about 5 seconds, the picture comes back. Happens on all channels. Rebooted, checked connections etc but can't find issue.

| Sat 24 Jun 2023 15:39:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Please would you describe how your aerial system is setup?
    Also what time(s) of day is this occurring at?

One possibility is that you are daisy chaining the aerial input from another Humax PVR and when the other PVR becomes active in preparation for a recoding, than it disrupts the signal for a few seconds.

| Sat 24 Jun 2023 19:22:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevelane

Aerial on roof. Cable to wall outlet. Cable from wall outlet to Humax. Pretty standard stuff. No other Humax in the house.

| Sat 24 Jun 2023 19:45:50 #3 |
  4. prking

prking

I think there are two possibilities either a loose connection or interference (which will cause signal quality to drop. As you’ve checked the connections, one thing to do is to keep a note of when it happens. This might enable you to narrow down the cause.

For example, if it happens at the same time then it could be a a unsuppressed water heater turning on. Other things to look out for are the motor of an old fridge as that will give out massive amounts of interference when it kicks in. Any fluorescent lights and so on.

| Sat 24 Jun 2023 22:26:37 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.