My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

The disappearing recording in media server web interface

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ardgarten

Thought I was going a little crazy when I was missing a recording when using Raydons Media server web interface. I could see it on the Foxsat but not in the browser.Looking carefully in FileZilla I noticed that where there should have been a french accent on one of the words, this had been replaced with random letters. Back to the foxsat again I re-named the recording removing the word with the accent and hey presto there it was visible on the web interface. Further to all this while the original title was in place FileZilla would not allow me to archive the recording to my laptop

| Thu 17 May 2012 10:19:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Yes, as you have found out, the web interface does not display filenames containing non-ascii (i.e. unicode) characters. This is deliberate as non-freesat recordings, which all contain a pair of unicode characters in the filename, were causing problems with the web interface. A solution to that particular problem is being worked on.

| Thu 17 May 2012 13:19:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ardgarten

Cheers for that. Only a minor problem though. The software bundle still rocks.

| Thu 17 May 2012 14:30:57 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.