My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Think my DTR-T2000 has died - replaced with 5000T

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

I turned my DTR-T2000 on yesterday evening and there was a very quiet but audible ticking noise from the box followed by its starting a boot up from cold routine. This is not normal because I use Smart mode. Worse, at the end of the start up routine and just when I thought it was about to switch to ON it went back to restart again and it's stuck in this endless cycle of cold boot to almost starting but never actually switching ON.
    I tried to do a factory reset but when the circular white light comes on I touch and hold it for 5 seconds but this has nil effect, it just ignores me and goes into the cold start routine once more.
    Am I right to suppose my box has reached the end of life or is there anything I can do?

| Sat 1 Jun 2024 7:57:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

paulcroft - 5 hours ago  » 
    when the circular white light comes on I touch and hold it for 5 seconds

Are you holding the down-arrow part of the front control, or any part of the front control?

| Sat 1 Jun 2024 13:46:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

Sorry Luke I’ve just re-read my reply and it’s not clear. What I meant to say was that I was touching/holding the down arrow part of the front control, not just any part.

However, it’s now a somewhat moot point as I’ve just bought an FVP 5000T as replacement. The controls are certainly different and I’m still trying to work out why I no longer have any HD channels, what happened to channels 101 upwards ?

| Wed 5 Jun 2024 7:00:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

paulcroft - 5 hours ago  » 
    However, it’s now a somewhat moot point as I’ve just bought an FVP 5000T as replacement. The controls are certainly different and I’m still trying to work out why I no longer have any HD channels, what happened to channels 101 upwards ?

There are a couple of possibilities that I can think of, but both would be resolved by a reset to defaults.

Someone on the hummy.tv forum had the same issue with a newly acquired second hand FVP-5000T/4000T. A reset to defaults brought all channels back into view.
    https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/missing-channels.10559/

| Wed 5 Jun 2024 12:08:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

Thanks Luke, problem solved..

| Sat 8 Jun 2024 14:57:05 #5 |
  6. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Admin: Edited title to make the subject clearer.

| Sat 8 Jun 2024 16:08:44 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.