My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Thinking of buying Humax - some advice please?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

grant_whittaker

Hi there,

New here so hope this question isn't too stupid.

Have been looking on the web for "can I archive my recordings onto a External disk on humax" and am getting a lot of different answers.

Am looking at a DTR-T1000 (You View model) and will buy it if I can transfer old recordings to an external hard disk somehow.

I don't care about converting them to watch elsewhere - I just want to be able to move them off the hard drive on the machine to a external one, to put them back later when I want to watch them.

If I could watch them on an Android device (with conversion) that would be fab as I have a long commute so be nice to be able to watch last nights tv on way to work.

Thanks in advance

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 15:18:29 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

No such facility with the DTR T1000, and may never be as the spec currently states:

'For presentation of content from USB Drives. No requirement to export content'

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 16:32:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grant_whittaker - 3 hours ago  » 
    Am looking at a DTR-T1000 (You View model) and will buy it if I can transfer old recordings to an external hard disk somehow.

Your requirement is met by the Humax HDR-FOX T2 and in my view it is a better PVR than the DTR-T1000,

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 18:33:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

grant_whittaker

Thanks for that

I thought the Fox T2 and T1000 were identical other than the youview function.

What features make the FOX T2 better in your opinion? I am interested to know as the You view is appealing, but not if it's at a cost elsewhere in functionality.

Ta

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 22:34:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grant_whittaker - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I thought the Fox T2 and T1000 were identical other than the youview function.

The hardware is similar (rather more powerful on the Youview box) but the software providing the core PVR functionality is different (I believe the Youview software is the same on the various Youview boxes from different manufacturers). There is a list of things the Youview box can't do over at hummy.tv (which may not be completely up to date) at Link to hummy.tv Youview thread

What features make the FOX T2 better in your opinion? I am interested to know as the You view is appealing, but not if it's at a cost elsewhere in functionality.

It is currently at a significant cost; the Youview box is being updated and some of the quoted limitations may vanish. However if your prime requirement is to transfer recordings to external storage then the HDR is a much safer bet at the moment. The SD recordings will be decrypted by copying to an attached USB device: the HD recordings will not; however there are ways of overcoming this limitation.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 22:48:11 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Our DTR T1000 FAQ is more up to date then the link in Martin's post.

The significant features missing are, no padding, no manual timers, no edit timers, no favourites.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 23:05:20 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.