My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

time to get a bigger drive..

(4 posts)
  1. chippychip

chippychip

Hi!
    Ok, the time has come for me to install a bigger drive, which I understand should be a straight swap. I.e remove the old drive, replace the new one, and the rest should take care of itself! If that isn't the right way to approach it- let me know!
    Would it also be possible to transfer recordings that I haven't watched yet to the new drive?

Cheers
    Graham

| Thu 20 Jun 2019 19:18:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chippychip - 2 hours ago  » 
    Ok, the time has come for me to install a bigger drive, which I understand should be a straight swap. I.e remove the old drive, replace the new one, and the rest should take care of itself! If that isn't the right way to approach it- let me know!

I suggest you tell us which model of Youview box you have?

| Thu 20 Jun 2019 21:43:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

chippychip - 2 hours ago  » 
    Would it also be possible to transfer recordings that I haven't watched yet to the new drive?

Presumably you are referring to your DTR-T2000.

From what one of the youview developers have posted elsewhere a few years ago, after installing the new drive and letting the DTR-T2000 reformat it you will then have to take it out, to copy the recordings, and also copy the recordings' metadata database over to the relevant partitions of the freshly formated drive. There is no guarantee that there won't be other issues that crop up.

At least some of the youview boxes will delete any recordings if there is not a corresponding entry in the metadata database. Also you won't be able to play them without an entry in the database. Thus the reason for copying over the database. Hopefully and increase in HDD size will not make the copied database invalid.

I don't know about the DTR-T2000 but other models where someone has reported on the format have used an XFS partitions for the recordings.

If you do succeed, please post back and describe anything else that someone may need to know to do the same.

If copying the recordings onto the new drive dosn't work then you should at least be able to play the extracted SD recordings using any of a number of media players on a PC.

| Thu 20 Jun 2019 22:44:14 #3 |
  4. chippychip

chippychip

I'll post back my results for upgrading the HDD. Thanks!
    Graham

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 13:41:17 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.