My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Timeshift with Series Link

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

Hello again.
    I have found a very strange problem and it seems difficult to explain. I have a program recording, normally with series link. I then decide to watch the program by typing in the channel number. I pause the live program and then continue playing some time later. When the program finishes, the time-shifted program I am watching stops playing and the picture switches to the channel selected, displaying after the end of the program.
    I hope that makes sense. If not, I can update this post.
    All the best.
    PS. My original post regarding programs split into two parts is still an issue, which seems to happen much more often now.

| Wed 13 Jun 2018 22:27:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

SimonR - 12 minutes ago  » 
    I have found a very strange problem and it seems difficult to explain. I have a program recording, normally with series link. I then decide to watch the program by typing in the channel number. I pause the live program and then continue playing some time later. When the program finishes, the time-shifted program I am watching stops playing and the picture switches to the channel selected, displaying after the end of the program.

Its a design decision of Humax. Different designs have different advantages and disadvantages.

When you watch a live programme which you are recording the Humax does not create a live buffer as it would normally do. Instead of using a live buffer the Humax uses the recording which is being made. When that programme stops being recorded the Humax then does what it normally does and starts to use a live buffer instead. This results in you being thrown out of the place you were watching and into the the current time instead.

The solution is that when you want to watch a programme that is in the process of being recorded is to play the recording instead of switching to its live channel.

| Wed 13 Jun 2018 22:47:13 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pretty sure the situation is the same as the Foxsat-HDR. The time shift buffer is created but when the programme finishes the buffer resets to start recording the new programme. This can be confirmed on a Foxsat-HDR by examining the time shift buffer file (0.ts).

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 9:29:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.