My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Transfer and editting of HDR video files

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dag_baruch

I have read various forums about this subject, and tried most of the programs suggested, but still cannot open a file on my PC. I downloaded VideoReDo, but it would not recognise, or open the files. I have the video file (.ts) plus the other files ( .nts and .mht) copied from the HDR via a USB stick to my PC, but no luck. Other people recommend VideoReDo, but I cannot get it to work. I have Win 7 Home premium, 3Gb ram.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

1. Fiel_list.jpg (77.6 KB, 4 downloads) 11 years old
    | Sat 17 Nov 2012 11:57:17 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum. The .ts (transport stream) files are the ones you need, the others are sidecar support files used by the Foxsat.

If the files are recorded in HD in freesat mode then they will be encrypted and will only play on the Foxsat that recorded them.

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 12:29:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dag_baruch

So far as I know, the files were recorded in SD. Does the Foxsat record in HD by default? If so, can I change it? I opened the .ts file with VLC player, but it does nothing.

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 13:49:56 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dag_baruch - 23 minutes ago  » 
    So far as I know, the files were recorded in SD. Does the Foxsat record in HD by default? If so, can I change it? I opened the .ts file with VLC player, but it does nothing.

No unless you set a recording from a HD channel or accept the offered HD version if setting from a SD channel.

Try this media player

http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 14:15:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dag_baruch

Downloaded Splash, installed, and "failed to open input file".

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 14:54:24 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dag_baruch - 1 hour ago  » 
    Downloaded Splash, installed, and "failed to open input file".

Does sound as if they are encrypted. Goto BBC1 and make an instant recording of approx 1 minute. Transfer this to your PC. Will this play back ?. Have you tuned non-freesat channels ?

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 16:11:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dag_baruch

I recorded 1 min of BBC1 last night, and it works perfectly with Splash! Why don't the other files? The Great Escape files were recorded from the Horror channel (definitely not HD), and I always record in SD to allow transfer via USB key. Maybe it was the USB key? This time I used a 128Mb key, formatted to Fat 32, whereas the other trial was a 16Gb key formatted again to Fat 32. With this file, the 16Gb key works as well! I'm stumped.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 9:39:28 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try completely renaming one of the files that won't play. You could also try opening one in tsmuxergui and remux to a different name. Sometimes filenames contain some odd non ascii characters.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 11:44:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dag_baruch

I transferred all the files to a 40Gb USB disc drive, and they all work perfectly !! It must have been the original USB key that was not compatible. Splashlite works fine.
    Now I need a program to edit, join, and convert the files to (for instance) to .AVI format. I tried VideoReDo, but it says "format not supported".

Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 12:07:26 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dag_baruch - 1 hour ago  » 
    I transferred all the files to a 40Gb USB disc drive, and they all work perfectly !! It must have been the original USB key that was not compatible. Splashlite works fine.
    Now I need a program to edit, join, and convert the files to (for instance) to .AVI format. I tried VideoReDo, but it says "format not supported".
    Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated.

Videoredo tvsuite works with both hd and sd files from my foxsat.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 13:46:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.