My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Transfer files

(16 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I would like to transfer some files to a separate folder I created. I can do this, and have done, from my pc, but it's very slow as it copies files via the network and then back..I think...I thought I read here sometime that there was another way.

Cannot seem to find the message.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 11:47:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can do it using file manager.

Press Media opt+ File Manager. Press Yellow to enter Edit Mode and go right into the right hand pane. Create or locate your existing folder (blue opens the add folder option). Click OK on it to open it. Go left and click OK on each file you want to move (sets a tick), if you make a mistake on one click OK again to toggle the tick off.

The move button should now be active.

I think you may be copying the files (ie duplicating) using the CF rather than moving them.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 11:58:11 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 16 minutes ago  » 

Worked perfectly..I have another problem, that you may have an answer to. I had tried to use Filezilla and copy the files to another folder. It did succeed, by dragging and dropping, but when I looked on the Humax, they were not there, so I copied them back to the orignal place ie; under Videos. Now Humax doesn't show them up there either...gulp

I should have added, that I can see and play the file across the network..which is even more puzzling.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 12:18:24 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 24 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 16 minutes ago  » 

Worked perfectly..I have another problem, that you may have an answer to. I had tried to use Filezilla and copy the files to another folder. It did succeed, by dragging and dropping, but when I looked on the Humax, they were not there, so I copied them back to the orignal place ie; under Videos. Now Humax doesn't show them up there either...gulp
    I should have added, that I can see and play the file across the network..which is even more puzzling.

The problem is most likely down to an incorrect path in the .hmt file. You did transfer all 3 files I presume .ts, .nts and .hmt ?

If you have 3 matching filenames with the above extensions then install the fixfilepaths package. If only the .ts you may have to use AV2HDR to re-create the missing support files.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 12:50:30 #4 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

The problem is most likely down to an incorrect path in the .hmt file. You did transfer all 3 files I presume .ts, .nts and .hmt ?
    If you have 3 matching filenames with the above extensions then install the fixfilepaths package. If only the .ts you may have to use AV2HDR to re-create the missing support files.

I do have fixfilepaths already installed, maybe it will fix it overnight. Otherwise I will do the AV2HDR operation.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 15:33:10 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 19 minutes ago  » 
    I do have fixfilepaths already installed, maybe it will fix it overnight. Otherwise I will do the AV2HDR operation.

Have you got the three files xxxxxx.ts, xxxxxx.nts and xxxxxx.hmt in a single folder in the Video folder of the Foxsat (or in the root) ? Have you perhaps got the .ts in the root folder and the other 2 in the user folder you used Filezilla to copy the files to ?

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 16:07:20 #6 |
  7. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Have you got the three files xxxxxx.ts, xxxxxx.nts and xxxxxx.hmt in a single folder in the Video folder of the Foxsat (or in the root) ? Have you perhaps got the .ts in the root folder and the other 2 in the user folder you used Filezilla to copy the files to ?

yes the 3 files are in the root.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 18:05:46 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 22 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

yes the 3 files are in the root.

And you can't see the recording in the media list on the box and/or the CF ? If you, can elect to rename it (no need to actually change anything)

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 18:31:14 #8 |
  9. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I cannot see the recording on the media list..I can only see it on the Webif Media List or through the network as a shared disc. And it does not show up this morning after the overnight maintenance.

| Wed 22 Jan 2014 8:14:33 #9 |
  10. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Even more mysterious. I used Wedif to delete the file on the humax, after copying to my PC. I then did a AV2HDR operation and copied the file back to the Humax. Does not show up on the Humax Media list. Shows up on the Webif Media list. I then did a completely new video and did the AV2HDR operation and copied it to the Humax. It does not show up on the Humax Media list ??? It shows up on the Webif Media list. I am completely stumped.

| Wed 22 Jan 2014 9:26:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.