My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Transfer files

(5 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I thought I read on here that it's possible to transfer files from Humax internal to Humax USB using the CF facilities.

Could anyone help with this ?

Thx

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 14:29:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Custom Firmware allows you to copy files direct to PC. Using either FTP or Samba. no need to use USB.

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 16:43:39 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 
    The Custom Firmware allows you to copy files direct to PC. Using either FTP or Samba. no need to use USB.

Don't think I explained it very well,
    I have an 2 TB EXT3 formatted USB drive permanently connected to the rear USB port on the Humax, for backup purposes. I copy files to it, using the Humax menu options, however the transfer is very slow. I may be mistaken, but I thought I read where there was a way to use the Custom Firmware ftp to do this without a PC being involved, and was much faster.
    Hope this makes more sense.

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 17:11:45 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 48 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

Don't think I explained it very well,
    I have an 2 TB EXT3 formatted USB drive permanently connected to the rear USB port on the Humax, for backup purposes. I copy files to it, using the Humax menu options, however the transfer is very slow. I may be mistaken, but I thought I read where there was a way to use the Custom Firmware ftp to do this without a PC being involved, and was much faster.
    Hope this makes more sense.

Copying to USB is slow because it's a low priority operation for the CPU. The box is designed to support the normal pvr operations so will only fit in copying when the usb transfer can steal a few cycles from the cpu. Afaik The CF is no help at all. You could try tuning to a radio channel or a currently off air channel to gain some speed increase.

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 18:04:33 #4 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Thanks for that,,,now I know..I will try the radio idea...

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 18:17:51 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.