My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Transfer files from FVP4000T to HDR 2000T via USB?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

My father-in-law missed a recording of a series he really wanted to watch. We have the whole series on our FVP-4000T and thought it would be possible to transfer it to his HDR-2000T using a USB stick.
    We managed to copy the programme onto the USB stick from our 4000T, but copying it onto his 2000T has proved trickier.
    We thought it would be possible just to plug the USB into his box, go to the Media - Video list, switch the storage and see our programmes there. However, when we plugged in the USB it offered to copy the files. We thought this was great. However, his media library now shows an item entitled "Sandisk" (the make of the USB stick), with lots of files which appear to be Sandisk backup utility files, but the programmes are proving harder to find.
    So, two questions:
    1) Is what we're trying to do (i.e. copy files from an FVP-4000T to an HDR-2000T) actually possible?
    2) If so, can anyone provide step-by-step instructions?

Thanks for any help!

| Fri 8 Sep 2017 14:20:59 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

First question is were the files HD recordings or SD ones ? The only file you need is the one with a .ts (transport stream) file extension. HD ones though are encrypted hopefully copying SD to usb removes the encryption. Providing the .ts files are not encrypted they should play back on a 2000T direct from usb but first delete or rename all the other files as the sidecar files used by each box is different and the 2000T media player throws a wobbly when it finds sidecar files it doesn't understand.

If you download the free mediainfo software and try opening the .ts file if it opens OK it should be playable.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

| Fri 8 Sep 2017 15:56:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

Hello GT.

Thanks for your reply. The recordings from our 4000T were all in HD. Your post suggests this might be a problem...

Looking at the programmes as they appear on the USB stick, we have four files for each one:
    xxx.hjm (HJM File)
    xxx.hjtsm (HJTSM File)
    xxx.nts (NTS File)
    xxx.ts (MPEG-2 TS Video)

So my understanding is that it's this fourth file (the largest of the four) that I need to retain, and delete the others.

The programmes are all contained within a folder called .recordings on the USB stick. Should I leave the .ts files there, or move them to the root of the USB stick?

I tried opening the .ts file in MediaInfo, and got the following message:
    Container and general information:
    BDAV (No PAT/PMT): 1.68GiB FileExtension_Invalid: m2ts mts ssif

I'm feeling less hopeful than I was....

Matthew

| Sun 10 Sep 2017 16:06:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mrbutt89 - 15 hours ago  » 
    Hello GT.
    Thanks for your reply. The recordings from our 4000T were all in HD. Your post suggests this might be a problem...
    Looking at the programmes as they appear on the USB stick, we have four files for each one:
    xxx.hjm (HJM File)
    xxx.hjtsm (HJTSM File)
    xxx.nts (NTS File)
    xxx.ts (MPEG-2 TS Video)
    So my understanding is that it's this fourth file (the largest of the four) that I need to retain, and delete the others.
    The programmes are all contained within a folder called .recordings on the USB stick. Should I leave the .ts files there, or move them to the root of the USB stick?
    I tried opening the .ts file in MediaInfo, and got the following message:
    Container and general information:
    BDAV (No PAT/PMT): 1.68GiB FileExtension_Invalid: m2ts mts ssif
    I'm feeling less hopeful than I was....
    Matthew

No PAT/PMT shows the file is encrypted. Only the original box that recorded the content will play it.

Try copying a SD recording to usb and see what MediaInfo says about it.

| Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:03:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

Oh well, it looks as though we've reached the end of the road. The programmes we wanted to copy are in HD, and we don't have an SD version of them, so that rather puts the lid on it.
    Basically, we can back up HD recordings for our own use, but not to pass on.
    Thanks for your help.

| Mon 11 Sep 2017 9:31:50 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mrbutt89 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Oh well, it looks as though we've reached the end of the road. The programmes we wanted to copy are in HD, and we don't have an SD version of them, so that rather puts the lid on it.
    Basically, we can back up HD recordings for our own use, but not to pass on.
    Thanks for your help.

Just make a short SD manual recording, if you can use these you could try recording anything you want in both SD and HD.

Out of interest can you play back a HD recording from the usb copy using the 4000T ?

| Mon 11 Sep 2017 9:36:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

We can play back from the USB on our 4000T without any trouble. As soon as we plug the USB stick in, the programmes appear in our library of recordings.
    The only reason we'd want to share a recording is if father-in-law has missed recording something, and we won't know that in advance, unfortunately. My crystal ball skills aren't that good!

| Mon 11 Sep 2017 9:40:54 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.