My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

transfer from foxsat to usb stick and reverse

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vic Channell

Hi to all,
    I have just joined this forum but I have had my Humax foxsat-hrd for over a year now and have used it to record video music radio and photos and it is a great piece of gear but now the hdd is gettig full I want to transfer some recordings to another hdd or a usb stick so as to use the stick to load to my computer? I know the manual doses give details on how to do this but has yet I have not been able to do this,
    Has anyone done this and can help with this?
    Thanks Vic.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 12:32:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

When you connect the usb device you should get a message on screen confirming the device is connected.

Press media opt+ choose file manager.

You should see the usb device on the right hand side. Cursor right to the usb drive icon and click OK to open it. Cursor left to the recordings list, move to a file you want to copy. The green copy button should now be active.

Notes

The yellow button enters edit mode so you can select multiple files to copy.

Files larger than 4GB require to usb drive to be formatted EXT3.

Copying files back is the reverse, highlight the file on the usb and use green

Once you have files on a usb device, connecting it and selecting Media, then pressing RED lets you select the usb drive. Playback is the same as files on the internal HDD.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 14:12:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vic Channell

Hi Graham,
    Thanks a lot for your help I will give it a try,
    I did wonder why the copy was not high lighted,
    All the best Vic.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 15:45:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vic Channell

Hi Graham,
    Do I need to format 1 partition using EaseUS or can I format several partitions at one time ?
    Can I use 1 partition as a converter to convert from EXT3 to NTFS to use with windows?
    Thanks Vic.

| Sun 9 Sep 2012 15:24:15 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Vic Channell - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Do I need to format 1 partition using EaseUS or can I format several partitions at one time ?
    br />
    Thanks Vic.

Either. No need to convert EXT2FSD will let you use a EXT3 volume in windows.

http://www.ext2fsd.com/?page_id=16

Installing the custom firmware will let you copy content direct to a PC without using usb at all.

| Sun 9 Sep 2012 16:17:53 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.