My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

transfer recordings??

(4 posts)
  1. chippychip

chippychip

Hi I've had a Humax DTR -T2000 500GB for nearly 3 years now, with no faults whatsoever, and I'm really pleased with the unit. However, I'm now finding the HDD is getting nearly full with various recordings, and I would love to transfer them onto a newer !TB drive.
    Is there a step by step way to transfer the recordings to my new drive? I guess the system is Linux based, so therefore would I need a Linux O/S to move the recordings over?
    If there isn't a way to transfer the recordings, I guess I'll have to keep them on the old drive, until I can figure a way of taking them off the drive!
    Graham

| Thu 20 Jan 2022 16:29:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Is this a replacement internal 1TB drive or an external drive for archiving?

| Thu 20 Jan 2022 18:04:45 #2 |
  3. chippychip

chippychip

It's a replacement- at the moment I've a 500GB installed, but It's clear I'm going to need a bigger drive!

Graham

| Thu 20 Jan 2022 18:21:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Providing the new drive is liked by the DTR-T2000 the easiest way, but not the quickest, is to:
    1/ Replace the 500GB drive by the 1TB drive
    2/ Switch on and let the HDR-T2000 reformat the new drive
    3/ Check that you can record, and play back, using the new drive
    4/ Check that you can turn the HDR-T2000 fully off, and when turned on again it still recognises the drive
    5/ Using a SATA HDD to USB adapter with its own power source (costs about £15 to £20), connect the old drive to either of the HDR-200T's USB ports. When in the HDR-2000T media list you can now select the blue button and view, and play, the old recordings on the old drive
    6/ Using the HDR-T2000 copy feature, copy the old recordings from the old drive to the HDR-2000T. This will be slow. Also, you may want to copy just one recoding across first, to check that it copies OK.
    Alternatively instead of copying them back to the HDR-2000T, the HDR-2000T can play them directly from the attached drive.

| Fri 21 Jan 2022 0:52:38 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.