My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Transfer to FVP 4000T via network

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

glymma

I can transfer files from the FVP 4000T to my Windows 10 PC via the network, but it won't let me drag files back on.
    Can files be transferred back to the FVP 4000T via the network or do I need to use a usb stick?
    Thanks

| Wed 17 May 2017 23:15:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

I tend to copy files to the 4000T by using FTP.

Once activated in the settings, it's really easy to copy to the box using something like Filezilla.

| Thu 18 May 2017 16:01:03 #2 |
  3. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I am sure I used to be able to view HD recorded files from my Humax 4000T on my Humax HDR Fox T2 upstairs. But now it says file format unsupported. I can view SD recordings. I have file sharing and SAMBA turned on. I have custom software on the Fox T2. Is there anything I can add? I notice I can view HD recordings the other way from the Fox T2 on the 4000T

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 16:06:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

shaunb51

Hi folks, I don't mean to try to hijack the thread but, how do you manage to get a Win 10 device to find/speak to the box?

I have a 5000T and have been sent the instructions by Humax however, I'm not having any luck. The 5000T is setup ready.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 19:28:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyhurley

I just got my 5000T on Saturday and have been having the same problem. I was trying to use the Samba server but Windows was just refusing to connect. I tried setting a password - no luck. In the end I got it working by then removing the password and still setting windows to use the password. All very odd and very flakey. I was unable to connect again on Sunday so gave up trying to copy some backed up files back (copied from HDR-T2 before it finally died).

| Mon 19 Mar 2018 16:01:54 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As per my FAQ my units, be it 4000 or 5000T appear under my computer, network locations.

The unit has to have network, and samba server enabled.

Works for me YMMV.

| Mon 19 Mar 2018 16:20:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

shaunb51

What format are the files in and are they HD?

I have SAMBA and FTP turned on along with a password set. The password is only used for FTP, with SAMBA on, all you need do is turn on "File Sharing" under Settings in Windows (I'm on 10), providing you have (on the box) under Settings then Server Management, turned the Network Server option ON. Then under MY PC in File Explorer the Box should show up and you can move files around however, they will only come down off the Box as an MPEG4, I'm not sure about sending these files back.

I'm waiting on Humax to get back to me about the FTP side of things, I've done some system and product testing before and it seems like I'm doing it again, as it's 2 weeks this Thursday since I contacted them and they had no idea why when I was returning files back to the box via FTP to the Downloaded folder, they would not work.

| Mon 19 Mar 2018 16:29:34 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.