My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Transferring Large File Video from PC/Laptop

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

I have regularly transferred files to the PVR, so I think I know the basic system.

However as the PVR only allows a USB formatted in FAT 32, I do not appear to be able to transfer a 5GB video (a FAT32 USB only allows files up to 4 GB - I think)

Can anyone help and advise how to transfer a 5GB file.

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:50:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

JayW

There are at least two commonly used options.

Use an external disk formated use the linux based ext3 file system (instead of FAT32). This will require some extra software on your laptop if you are using Windows, but ext3 supports files > 4GByte and can be read by the HDR without any problem.

Use the Raydon custom firmware. This allows transfer between PC/Laptop and the HDR over the network, so there is no requirement for the intermediate use of a USB disk which removes the complication but needs a bit of effort to get working.

If you've got the custom firmware already, you just need to look at using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). If you haven't, I'd still think this is the best option as it gives you more functionality, but the ext3 option is worth trying if you've a spare disk.

There's plenty of information around on both methods. Let us know which one suits you best and give it a go. Post up if you get stuck.

Dino

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 6:55:07 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.