My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Transferring recordings

(3 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

I had an aging HDR 2000T, the hard drive of which sounded like a washing machine, I had it changed the first week I had it but the second didn't sound any quieter.

It worked OK for a number of years, but lately I would often be unable to acess my recordings. It took a lot of unplugging even a retune to get it going again, every time and I wasn't going to risk a total reset.

As I didn't trust it, over the last year I copied about a hundred films and documentaries etc. from it to a little Sonnics hard drive. It would always play (apart from a couple) those on the Sonnics when I checked after copying them. But recently it would fail to record anything. It would show the programme was being recorded, but it was never there when I checked later. (I e-mailed all this to Humax on their website two weeks ago but haven't yet had a reply)

So I bought a FVP 5000T direct from Humax which was delivered today.

No problems setting it up, but it won't play most of the Sonnics files.
    A phone call to Humax didn't give me much help. It was suggested that the files on the Sonnics might be corrupted, but they aren't they'll play if I plug it in on my laptop fine.

So I plugged the 2000T into the mains and ran an HDR lead between it and the spare 4th USB socket I fortunately have on the side of my TV.

Bingo! all my old recordings were accessible. I don't know whether the fact that it has no aerial, so the tuner and recording function being unavailable has resolved some conflicts, but I'll settle for that for now.

Both sets sit under the TV now. But I have to disconnect the power to the 2000T if I'm not watching an old programme as the remote on the FVP works both!
    I guess I can watch the films on the Sonnics on my laptop if the 2000T goes completely U/S, but it's all rather disappointing.

A positive note, the hard drive on the FVP is quiet.

| Mon 14 Dec 2020 21:36:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 14 hours ago  » 
    I had an aging HDR 2000T, the hard drive of which sounded like a washing machine, I had it changed the first week I had it but the second didn't sound any quieter.
    It worked OK for a number of years, but lately I would often be unable to acess my recordings. It took a lot of unplugging even a retune to get it going again, every time and I wasn't going to risk a total reset.
    As I didn't trust it, over the last year I copied about a hundred films and documentaries etc. from it to a little Sonnics hard drive. It would always play (apart from a couple) those on the Sonnics when I checked after copying them. But recently it would fail to record anything. It would show the programme was being recorded, but it was never there when I checked later. (I e-mailed all this to Humax on their website two weeks ago but haven't yet had a reply)
    So I bought a FVP 5000T direct from Humax which was delivered today.
    No problems setting it up, but it won't play most of the Sonnics files.
    A phone call to Humax didn't give me much help. It was suggested that the files on the Sonnics might be corrupted, but they aren't they'll play if I plug it in on my laptop fine.
    So I plugged the 2000T into the mains and ran an HDR lead between it and the spare 4th USB socket I fortunately have on the side of my TV.
    Bingo! all my old recordings were accessible. I don't know whether the fact that it has no aerial, so the tuner and recording function being unavailable has resolved some conflicts, but I'll settle for that for now.
    Both sets sit under the TV now. But I have to disconnect the power to the 2000T if I'm not watching an old programme as the remote on the FVP works both!
    I guess I can watch the films on the Sonnics on my laptop if the 2000T goes completely U/S, but it's all rather disappointing.
    A positive note, the hard drive on the FVP is quiet.

Change the code set of the 2000T remote to anything but 1 (2-6)

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Tue 15 Dec 2020 11:38:42 #2 |
  3. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for that.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 0:17:08 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.