My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Transferring videos from 2000T

(10 posts)
  1. michaelangelo

michaelangelo

Thinking of buying new PVR.2000T is getting faulty in many ways. Have about 40 hours of files. Is there any easy way to transfer them from the 2000T to the new machine.

| Sat 31 Oct 2020 11:26:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

michaelangelo - 36 mins ago  » 
    Thinking of buying new PVR.2000T is getting faulty in many ways. Have about 40 hours of files. Is there any easy way to transfer them from the 2000T to the new machine.

Are the recordings HD or SD? SD recordings can be decrypted by copying to a USB memory stick or hard drive attached to the Humax. HD recordings need methods that are outside the rules of this forum.

| Sat 31 Oct 2020 12:04:20 #2 |
  3. black knight

black knight

special member

Be prepared for any usb transfers to take a long time, as the usb ports on the 2000T are very slow.

PS: Why would the methods of transfer of HD files be outside the rules of the forum?

Nowsters patch is mentioned in the Freesat section as a method of removing encryption on HD files, so I can't see what the problem with mentioning Foxy here would be?

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 17:07:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

black knight - 2 hours ago  » 
    Be prepared for any usb transfers to take a long time, as the usb ports on the 2000T are very slow.
    PS: Why would the methods of transfer of HD files be outside the rules of the forum?
    Nowsters patch is mentioned in the Freesat section as a method of removing encryption on HD files, so I can't see what the problem with mentioning Foxy here would be?

No one has so far mentioned what nowsters patch does. Merely enquired if the posters have it. And nowsters patch cannot remove encryption on HD files. That is not possible on a freesat box including a Foxsat-HDR. It was only mentioned because it was thought it may be involved in the clock change issue. Turns out it was a one off issue resolved 7 days later.

I guess Martin could have said the OP should simply have a look at at Hummy.TV

He did say that copying SD files to USB decrypts them which is completely accurate and hinted that it might be possible with existing HD files. This is not possible on a Foxsat-HDR because the box has no way of decrypting recording files, because SD recordings are not encrypted when recording. Because of the age of the box transfer of SD recordings was allowed under the the existing Freesat+ spec at the time. This was changed in the 2nd generation spec for the HDR-xxxxS series boxes. These do not even let you record in non freesat mode.

Generic FTA kit has no such restrictions. I have a V-box Freeview-HD unit connected to my router and aerial. Attach a USB drive and it can record HD and SD without encryption. The recordings can be viewed on mobile kit or smart TV's.

You can even view them remotely limited only by your ISP upload speed.

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 19:29:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2011

black knight - 1 day ago  » 

I concur. On the occasions I have exported recordings to USB it can be as slow as 100MB per minute. Uploading is just as slow as downloading. To help things along switch to either channel 100 or 250 so that the PVR isn't doing anything else.

| Tue 3 Nov 2020 10:21:33 #5 |
  6. Doghouse

Doghouse

I've transferred over a hundred films and TV series, plus mp3s to a little Sonnics hard drive over the last year. The only films it won't copy to the Sonnics are a couple where a message comes up to say you can't copy these particular ones. I've asked about that on here but didn't get a reply.
    I don't know what format all these films are, some are film noir from "Talking Pictures" Channel 81, so pretty old. I've a USB lead permanantly plugged into ther back of the Humax and I just connect it up to the Sonnics when I want to copy a film from the Humax to it.

I do this as I don't trust this Humax not to lose my recordings.

Occasionally I can't access "Videoss, Music or Photos." Pressing "Menu" then "Video" will either give me the list or sometimes take me back to the channel I was watching. No matter how many times I try.

I've tried a re-format. The instructions say you will lose everything. I took that chance as I had it all on the Sonnics. But all it did was delete all my planned recordings, the saved videos were still all there. Maybe it didn't delete them as after recording stuff I click on "Lock."

But since then it's misbehaved again. Pullimg the plug out sometimes corrects the problem, other times it doesn't. This morning I lost them all again, tried again this afternoon and they were all back again.

I think it's time to change my recorder.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 18:29:26 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Open the problem file in Mediainfo. Select view tree and export the results to a text file.

Need to see what the video and audio compression codecs are within the container.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Post the text in a reply to this thread.

Once this is known may be able to convert the video or audio or both into a new container that will work.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 19:01:07 #7 |
  8. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for that, but a couple of films sre not that important. I just wonered why.

What is annoying sometimes is not being able to access any[i] recordings on my Humax hard drive.

I lost them again after my last post.

I did another re-format this evening and it's now behaving itself, but for how long?

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 20:25:29 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 16 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for that, but a couple of films sre not that important. I just wonered why.
    What is annoying sometimes is not being able to access any[i] recordings on my Humax hard drive.
    I did another re-format this evening and it's now behaving itself, but for how long?

Without knowing what the file contains impossible to answer. Chances are it was fixable. We shall never know.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 20:43:42 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 22 secs ago  » 

Doghouse - 16 mins ago  » 

Your symptoms point to a HHD failing. Replacing it should last a few more years.

Without knowing what the file contains impossible to answer. Chances are it was fixable. We shall never know. Symptoms sound like a failing HDD, replacing it would perhaps last a few yrs.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 20:45:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.