My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Transponder problem

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bagaspannas

Hi
    For no apparent reason transponder 11428H disappeared from my humax box. I added it again however whilst when I tab thro I can see 11428V with signal and quality when I tab to 11428H the signal and quality disappears. I am assuming this is why it will not take my post code and will not auto search. I can manual search on FTA channels but end up with loads of spurious channels listed as 5xxx.

I have connected a skybox and signal is 100% and quality 80% on both inputs.

Just to add we live in Northern France and my neighbour receives sky no problem.

Any help gratefully received, Regards Bagaspannas

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 13:17:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bagaspannas - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    For no apparent reason transponder 11428H disappeared from my humax box. I added it again however whilst when I tab thro I can see 11428V with signal and quality when I tab to 11428H the signal and quality disappears. I am assuming this is why it will not take my post code and will not auto search. I can manual search on FTA channels but end up with loads of spurious channels listed as 5xxx.
    I have connected a skybox and signal is 100% and quality 80% on both inputs.
    Just to add we live in Northern France and my neighbour receives sky no problem.
    Any help gratefully received, Regards Bagaspannas

Hi and welcome to the forum. Most likely reason is your lnb skew needs tweaking. When you connected the Sky box did you look at 11428 H using add channels ?

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 13:22:34 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sounds like a partial LNB problem. Can you receive any H polarised channels, if so do both high and low (<>11700) work.
    See http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2F.html
    pipped by GT

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 13:25:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bagaspannas

Thanks both for the prompt response. To be honest I just plugged the skybox in and the channels came up!?

As suggested I will check the LNB skew and see if I can receive any H polarised channels.

Regards
    Bagaspannas

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 17:50:02 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bagaspannas - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks both for the prompt response. To be honest I just plugged the skybox in and the channels came up!?
    As suggested I will check the LNB skew and see if I can receive any H polarised channels.
    Regards
    Bagaspannas

I would check the transponder with your Sky box just to confirm the problem isn't down to the box.

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 18:18:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bagaspannas

Hi Repassac, Grahamlthompson
    I have checked and I get a signal on various Vertical and horizontal transponders but zero on 11428H. I connected my own humax box (not the same model) which worked fine - numbering and visibility of all the upcoming programmes was fine. Reconnected the problem box which will not autotune but when you manual tune you get 300 channels numbered 5xxx and no tv guide? Have you had this before?
    Cheers
    Bagaspannas

| Thu 21 Nov 2013 15:55:14 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bagaspannas - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Repassac, Grahamlthompson
    I have checked and I get a signal on various Vertical and horizontal transponders but zero on 11428H. I connected my own humax box (not the same model) which worked fine - numbering and visibility of all the upcoming programmes was fine. Reconnected the problem box which will not autotune but when you manual tune you get 300 channels numbered 5xxx and no tv guide? Have you had this before?
    Cheers
    Bagaspannas

You have tuned the box manually in non-freesat mode which will access all the fta channels at 28.5/28.2E from transponders which you have access to. If you connect a boz that has already been set up in freesat mode it will appear to work OK as all the channels you have still provide an epg. Check on the working box (if it's not a G2 box) if you can get channel 999. If not and you tried a reset you will have the same problem again. You cannot set up a freesat box in freesat mode without access to 11428 H. This is required to download the database used to allocate the regional channels based on your postcode.

| Thu 21 Nov 2013 16:04:20 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.