My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

trouble with usb disk

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mateo

Hello,

I'm trying to help a relative with connecting a USB disk to her Foxsat HDR (it's a litte tricky as I don't have one myself and I don't have access to it). She was able to go into File Manager and copy a few programmes which now don't appear on the main drive's programme list, so presumably they did actually copy. But she cannot access the USB disk. Pressing the OPT+ button while in the file manager doesn't work, nor pressing Media then red for change device. Wondering if anyone can suggest anything? Does the drive need to have its own power supply? The manual doesn't mention any particular requirements.

Thanks

| Tue 15 Jan 2019 22:29:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mateo - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Does the drive need to have its own power supply? T

It might or it might not; tell us the make and model of the drive and somebody can give a sensible answer.

| Tue 15 Jan 2019 22:44:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mateo

I don't remember the exact model of the drive actually. It came out of a laptop and I stuck it in an enclosure. It seemed to be working fine on a pc.

| Tue 15 Jan 2019 22:50:00 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mateo - 9 hours ago  » 
    I don't remember the exact model of the drive actually. It came out of a laptop and I stuck it in an enclosure. It seemed to be working fine on a pc.

A PC or laptop disk is unlikely to be sufficiently low power to be within the Foxsat power supply abilities. Try with a power caddy.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 8:10:58 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.