My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

turns off while viewing!

(12 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    The advice/reason for it switching off has left me puzzled. I have both the 2000T and the 1000s, both use auto standby.
    As you say both will switch off after 3 hours (of non-use). However, neither will switch off automatically when I am watching them or if I switch to the correct AV input for that device just before the 3 hour period is up.
    In fact I often switch to the device input just before the 3 hour period is reached (if I haven't been using it during that period) in order to prevent a shut down.
    Are my machines unique?

No - the auto shutdown time restarts when you use any remote control button. You also get a warning if you happen to be in the room before it turns off. TBH I find auto shutdown a pain as I always put my boxes in sby before retiring to bed, so always disable it. I often leave the radio on or just the video audio as a burglar deterrent when out (turn off the TV), if the box shut down after 3hrs it wouldn't make much of a deterrent.

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 15:49:11 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    The advice/reason for it switching off has left me puzzled. I have both the 2000T and the 1000s, both use auto standby.
    As you say both will switch off after 3 hours (of non-use). However, neither will switch off automatically when I am watching them or if I switch to the correct AV input for that device just before the 3 hour period is up.
    In fact I often switch to the device input just before the 3 hour period is reached (if I haven't been using it during that period) in order to prevent a shut down.
    Are my machines unique?

No - the auto shutdown time restarts when you use any remote control button. You also get a warning if you happen to be in the room before it turns off. TBH I find auto shutdown a pain as I always put my boxes in sby before retiring to bed, so always disable it. I often leave the radio on or just the video audio as a burglar deterrent when out (turn off the TV), if the box shut down after 3hrs it wouldn't make much of a deterrent.

I don't know why I use it TBH as like you I make sure I put both boxes into standby before retiring to bed. I do have this nagging thing about 'what if I forget though'. However, I don't think the bailiffs will be knocking at the door just because I forgot to switch off the PVR, especially as I forgot the gas fire the other night. My other half is still giving me earache about it.

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 15:59:30 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.