My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Turns TV picture off whilst in standby

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hudave

New Humax Foxsat. Works fine whilst switched on and in use, however at 2044hrs every night, whilst in standby mode, the clock goes off the display and some 17 seconds later we lose the picture from the TV for 2 or three seconds. When the clock comes back on so does the picture. This does not happen if we happen to be recording something at this time. Any ideas? We do not have any household timers set for this time.

| Thu 8 Dec 2011 16:58:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Check Menu Settings Time

Power On and Power Off set to disable.

The clock and everything else not needed for recording is turned off to save power when in sby. Turning off power saving in sby will display the clock at the cost of increasing sby power consumption.

| Thu 8 Dec 2011 17:27:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hudave

Thanks, tried that but no improvement. With more use we are finding that this fault occurs at other times whilst in standby and not recording. I cannot believe that Humax are not aware of this problem. A friend of mine bought the freeview version and he also encouters this problem but at different times. HELP!

| Sat 17 Dec 2011 17:27:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have both a Foxsat-hdr and a HD FOX T2 (the Freesat one since 2008), never seen anything like that.

Both the boxes are known to pulse the scart auto select line when waking to make a recording, you would have to have a scart cable connected for that to be a problem. Simply reselecting the TV tuner should bring back the picture, removing pin 8 at from the scart socket at TV end will disable scart auto selection (and auto aspect ratio).

Note the aerial loop through on your friends Freeview box requires power saving in sby to be disabled otherwise the TV tuners will lose the signal when the box goes into sby.

Also check that auto power off is not enabled.

If it's not this try the following

First try turning the box off at the mains for 30 mins or so. If the symptoms persist carry out a factory reset.

| Sat 17 Dec 2011 17:36:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hudave

Humax eventually answered my emails. Their advice was for me to try putting the HDMI lead into a different socket on the TV, which I did. Everything now works as it should without all the problems I have described. The only downside is that I now have to go into the AV list on the tele and select HDMI 2. Whereas, before, it came up automatically when I turned it on. I now have to try to figure out a way of getting it to come up automatically. Thanks for your help and advice.

| Fri 23 Dec 2011 12:47:37 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sounds like you may have a Panasonic TV. HDMI1 has a non standard auto select that works when it detects hdmi activity.

Normally hdmi auto select requires CEC which the Foxsat doesn't have.

Only way I know to do what you want is use an activity based universal remote like the logitech Harmony range.

| Fri 23 Dec 2011 14:02:08 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.