My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

TV signal weak or lost

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rammblings101

I have no signal on most channels with the error message "TV signal weak or lost". When I check signal strength and quality, it shows 0% for most channels. However, the TV signal goes from the Humax box into the TV. When I watch TV direct rather than via the Humax, the signal is fine. How is it that a 0% signal can't be viewed on Humax but is ok on the TV? I don't understand.

| Tue 24 Jan 2023 19:46:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi rammblings101,

Welcome to the forum. You have a Youview pvr? I guess DTR-T2100 or 4000 model or even older 1000 pvr? The problem you mention normally is the other way round: when the RF out ticked on or off within Youview settings menu. It should be ON. Simply so that the aerial feed that goes directly to your Youview pvr, can also be feed directly to your tv's built in tuner. If turned off, it won't feed signal to tv.

So first test: Have you tried swapping aerial cables to see any are faulty? You mention, if you feed the aerial directly to tv, it works ok. Do you use a signal amp booster in your setup? Maybe this is faulty & blocking signal path? Have a another look & please confirm & if you need further help, I'm sure another user will be able to help you. John L

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 14:59:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rammblings101

Just to clarify my original post. Without doing anything with the aerial cable, I get no picture watching TV through my Humax YouView PVR with HDMI source but when I watch via the TV's in-built Freeview tuner, the picture is fine. But both are using the same signal, same aerial.... nothing different other than one is the PVR tuner (no picture) and the other is TV tuner. The RF out is switched on.

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 18:13:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Without seeing your setup, it's tricky to pinpoint your fault. Could be very simple. When you switch to Youview input are you able to see the Youview menus ok? If yes, this rules out HDMI connection fault.

Have you tried doing a FULL Youview box retune. First unplug aerial and then retune to obtain zero channels first. This clears channel memory on tuner, then replug aerial and do another retune. This is a technique used a lot on the Youview forum that I am also on.

Hopefully, this will solve your channel problem. If not, might be a faulty box. Be interested to know if this fixes your problem. John L

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 21:26:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rammblings101

Just providing some feedback on this issue for future forum users. I tried a full retune, as described by John L i.e. unplug aerial and then retune to obtain zero channels first. This clears channel memory on tuner, then replug aerial and do another retune. Success!! Signal quality back to around 97%. A standard retune clearly did not actually retune the channels! Thanks John

| Tue 7 Feb 2023 22:48:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi rammblings101,

Glad to assist. I'm a regular forum member on the Youview community forum + I'm also a product trialist, so am very familiar with Youview hardware/software. Well worth checking for tips and support if needed. Very useful and well supported with updates. Hopefully everything is now working ok. John L

| Wed 8 Feb 2023 14:02:54 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.