My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

TV will not come on unless Humax is ob

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

This seems a strange one to me but lately I am unable to watch anything on the TV unless my humax box is turned.My Humax is a HDR-1800T AND THE TV is a Sony Bravia.Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank's

| Wed 25 May 2022 12:23:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

Forgot to say I get the message saying no signal before turn the Humax on,Not sure what significance of that is.

| Wed 25 May 2022 12:40:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

blueman - 35 mins ago  » 
    Forgot to say I get the message saying no signal before turn the Humax on,Not sure what significance of that is.

Do you have an aerial cable running from the Humax to the TV? If you have is the setting Power Saving in Standby set to off (Menu button> Settings> System> Power management).

| Wed 25 May 2022 13:21:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LDC1

I have just installed a HDR-1800T and found the same problem that the TV didn't work when the box was switched to standby. So I have set Power saving to OFF and it works fine.
    So is there any point in setting the box to standby (the red light comes on)? Does it use less power than just leaving on (Blue light lit)?

| Thu 3 Nov 2022 22:24:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LDC1 - 41 mins ago  » 
    So is there any point in setting the box to standby (the red light comes on)? Does it use less power than just leaving on (Blue light lit)?

Yes it uses less power in standby, the hard drive is powered down for instance.

| Thu 3 Nov 2022 23:08:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

Have a look at the Power Management section of the manual (page 41).

If you set "Power Saving in Standby" to Off and "Automatic Power Down" to On I think you will find that when it switched to standby you will still be able to watch the TV.

| Thu 3 Nov 2022 23:20:26 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.