My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Two HDR-2000T's connected together

(13 posts)
  1. culbin

culbin

Hello. I've been using my new HDR-2000T for a week now and absolutely love it. I want to buy a second one for another part of the house but I've read conflicting reports about whether one HDR-2000T can play HD recordings steamed across a local network from another separate HDR-2000T. I'd like to set up scheduled recordings on just one device but play them from either one. If someone has a definite answer about this it would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 2:00:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

culbin - 16 hours ago  » 
    Hello. I've been using my new HDR-2000T for a week now and absolutely love it. I want to buy a second one for another part of the house but I've read conflicting reports about whether one HDR-2000T can play HD recordings steamed across a local network from another separate HDR-2000T.

Tell the retailer you are buying from that this is essential functionality for your purpose. If it works great; if it doesn't then reject the box as not fit for purpose. In either case come back and tell us whether or not it works. If it doesn't work now then that is a serious bug and I assume Humax will fix it (but Humax have been so erratic on software updates in recent times that I wouldn't rely on it absolutely).

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 18:57:23 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Do not have 2 x HDR 2000T in use at the moment, but when I did I am sure SD streaming was fine but HD was not.

Won't be able to reconnect second unit until tomorrow - if you still require a definitive check.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 20:43:12 #3 |
  4. culbin

culbin

Thank you for your replies. I bought it from humaxdirect.co.uk and was going to buy the second box from them too. Their product spec states the following in the Multimedia and Home Networking section 'Share your recorded programmes from the HDR-2000T with other compatible devices around the home via your home network' but SD vs HD is not detailed and that's what I'm most likely to want to stream. If compatible devices just means DLNA then I guess HD won't be included as it's encrypted.
    Barry, if you could test that would be wonderful and perhaps would help others make the same decision I'm making.
    Thanks again.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 18:37:58 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Two HDR FOX T2's will stream to each other (including HD), as the DLNA implementation is DTCP-IP protected. As the HDR-2000T bears a strong family relationship I would have thought there's a good chance it will work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Transmission_Content_Protection

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 19:01:43 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

culbin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Barry, if you could test that would be wonderful and perhaps would help others make the same decision I'm making.
    Thanks again.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but have connected second unit, and as suspected in my previous post, you cannot stream HD content between the two, only SD.

Humax Towers should be aware of this of this one, but I will remind them of this shortfall tomorrow, and try and find out if it is to be addressed in a future software release.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 20:09:31 #6 |
  7. culbin

culbin

Thanks for testing. I'll watch what happens in future with interest and keep using my old Toppy as the second box in the meantime.
    Great forum by the way! Your fast expert responses makes me confident about Humax products so I hope the powers that be are aware of its value.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 21:46:05 #7 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Does anyone know how a HDR-2000T/ HDR-FOX T2 combination works with respect to DLNA streaming? Does streaming of HD files work in either direction?

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 23:12:25 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

MontysEvilTwin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Does anyone know how a HDR-2000T/ HDR-FOX T2 combination works with respect to DLNA streaming? Does streaming of HD files work in either direction?

No that does not work either, only SD.

| Thu 13 Feb 2014 0:59:24 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humax Towers advise they will highlight it to engineers to look into, but no definite promises to fix at this stage.

Will update if and when I get more info.

| Thu 13 Feb 2014 14:19:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.