My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Unable To Archive Film4

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Hi, I am not able to either copy or move films recorded from Film4 to a Freecom Toughdrive connected to the USB port on the PVR. The file system is NTFS and other recordings go across without any problems. I do get the revolving blue triangle on the PVR but I know nothing is being copied due to the lack of activity on the drive (Blue light flickers when transfer is in progress) I have also left it running for 15 - 20 minutes but to no avail.

Does anyone else have this or have suggestions on how to fix?
    Thanks

| Wed 12 Apr 2017 8:42:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Suggests the broadcaster is able to enforce a no copy option regardless of it being SD content.

| Wed 12 Apr 2017 9:34:56 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Suggests the broadcaster is able to enforce a no copy option regardless of it being SD content.

Correct.

Usually the programme details will have an icon similar to a red no entry sign with copy wording overlaid.

From experience with the FVP so far this can be either no copy end of, or invoked after user has copied once already, whether that copy attempt was successful of not.

I've not tried with a film4 programme, but will set a few timers and try myself today.

Edit:

http://uk.humaxdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/10/FVP-4000T_Manual.pdf

Page GB 11 has the icon I referred to.

| Wed 12 Apr 2017 10:01:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Barry - 21 hours ago  » 

Correct.
    Usually the programme details will have an icon similar to a red no entry sign with copy wording overlaid.
    From experience with the FVP so far this can be either no copy end of, or invoked after user has copied once already, whether that copy attempt was successful of not.
    I've not tried with a film4 programme, but will set a few timers and try myself today.
    Edit:
    http://uk.humaxdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/10/FVP-4000T_Manual.pdf

Thanks Barry. The programmes I'm trying to archive do not have the icon you're referring to.

| Thu 13 Apr 2017 7:14:01 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

J_Oz - 1 hour ago  » 

Barry - 21 hours ago  » 

Correct.
    Edit:

Thanks Barry. The programmes I'm trying to archive do not have the icon you're referring to.

I recorded all films yesterday as a test, and notice none of them have the copy protect icon.

So far I have transferred 4 of them to an attached usb HDD (WD passport) without issue, bar it being a slowwww process.

| Thu 13 Apr 2017 8:47:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Right, it appears I jumped the gun on this. I have managed to copy the films I was having trouble with. Still no flashing indicator on the USB drive which is odd. Apologies for wasting your time.

| Thu 13 Apr 2017 13:46:32 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.