My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Unable to pause and buffer live TV

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LionelJ

Hi everyone,

First post here although I have been reading for a while.

I want to be able to pause live TV whilst I dash to the loo or put the kettle on and I thought I'd be able to do this with the FOX HDR T2. However, I can't seem to work out how to do it.

I've seen the post on here about going into menu>preferences>recording and switching time shift on. But, I don't have that option in the recording menu. I have the latest software (1.02.20).

Can one of you experts tell me what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks in advance!!

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 20:57:49 #1 |
  2. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

LionelJ - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Hi everyone,
    I want to be able to pause live TV whilst I dash to the loo or put the kettle on and I thought I'd be able to do this with the FOX HDR T2. However, I can't seem to work out how to do it.
    I've seen the post on here about going into menu>preferences>recording and switching time shift on. But, I don't have that option in the recording menu. I have the latest software (1.02.20).
    Thanks in advance!!

Simple! Make sure that you're watching TV through the HDR and not through the TV's own tuner.

Make sure that the remote control is talking to the HDR and not to the TV (Press the PVR button, and see it flash).

THEN, when you want to pause live TV, simply press the PAUSE button (two parallel vertical lines, two up from the green button) on the remote. The picture on the screen will freeze, but the HDR will record it from that point on[1]. When you return from your interruption, press the PLAY button (white triangle, two up from the red button). The programme will play from the point of interruption, but will carry on recording - so you can watch it till the end (which will be a while after if actually stopped transmitting). You don't need to mess about with any menus.

This is all explained on Page 36 of the User Manual.

[1] It will actually have been buffering it from before that point, so you can rewind and re-watch earlier parts of the programme if you wish.

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 21:31:14 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

LionelJ - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks in advance!!

Watt Tyler has explained how to do it. The post you referred to about turning on time shifting applies to the HD FOX T2 to which you have to add an external HDD.

Welcome to the forum.

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 22:14:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LionelJ

Thanks Graham and Watt Tyler.

I'm a bit embarrassed that it was that easy and in the manual! Just tried it and it works a treat.

Thanks for the quick replies both and not taking the mickey out of me too much!.

Cheers

Lionel

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 22:26:10 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

LionelJ - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the quick replies both and not taking the mickey out of me too much!.
    Cheers
    Lionel

I'll add my welcome to the Forum as well Lionel

Never be afraid to ask a question, no matter how daft it might appear.

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 22:33:14 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.