My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Unable to play .ts files on PC

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Towney

Hello all, I hope somebody can help.

I recently installed Raydon's Media and File Server bundle (4.0.8) onto my Foxsat HDR. I can connect to the box from my Win 7 PC without any issues but when I select a standard definition TV program and press play, the next window appears with the path to the file, the one with the black window with the VLC icon where the media should play but nothing actually plays. I have tried in IE9 and also in Chrome. I have re-installed the latest version of VLC on my PC and I have switched off Windows firewall and also AVG but with no joy. The HDR has been powered off as has the PC. I know I am connected to the HDR as I am able to see via my PC, some jpeg images I have put onto the HDR but I am just unable to play the video or music files. I am guessing that this may be to do with the VLC plug-in but not sure. I have updated the package list from the Internet and all these packages are un the most up to date versions.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, it's burning my head out now!

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 10:35:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

If you copy the file to the PC first and then open it with VLC, does it play ok ?

Do you get any error messages in the VLC window or if you check the log ?

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 11:01:37 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is the add-on listed in IE and enabled.
    What zone is your lan connection defined in - should be home.
    Which version of vlc is installed on your PC?

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 11:08:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Uninstall VLC from your PC and re-install using the latest version (2.0.4) and ensure that activeX (and mozilla if you use firefox) plugins are checked during the install.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 11:52:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Towney

Hi,

Dino, yes, if the 3 files are copied to the PC they play locally without any problems in VLC. No on screen error message. Where would I find the log?

Repassac, The VLC add-in is listed and is enabled. The LAN is denfined in 'Home Network' and VLC is on v2.0.4

Raydon, I have un-installed and re-installed VLC 2.0.4 and checked that activeX was checked during install.

I have exactly the same problem. I have previously had media and file server 4.06 installed some months ago now and all worked fine back then. I stopped using it and thought I'd upgrade to 4.08 and now it won't play.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 12:03:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

To look at the debug log use Ctrl M to open the message window. Set 'Verbosity' to 1 or 2 and look for error messages when opening the ts.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 0:03:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Assuming your graphics card drivers are correct, I'd recommend downloading XBMC. I'm personally using a beta from 3rd October and it will play any SD .TS files and also any unencrypted HD .TS files from the Humax box across the network using either SMB or FTP (uPNP is a possibility but I haven't set that up). Using any other player gave me problems, and although XBMC crashes every once in a while it's a great player of everything.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 20:43:57 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is uPNP rather than DLNA.

OP - what appication (if any) did you install from Package management? Twonky is needed for DLNA.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 20:53:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Towney

All,

I have managed to resolve this issue. I had set a username and password on the web interface. Deleted the user and hey bingo all working.

Thanks for your advice.

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 17:08:23 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.