My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

unable to record 4 channels at same time FVP-5000T

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teka

My user manual says this is a feature of the unit FVP-5000T (on page GB20)

With 3 channels recording selecting a 4th channel and press the record button results a message about conflict and ask which channel to stop recording!

Am i doing something wrong or is the unit faulty

| Sat 17 Aug 2019 15:15:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You aren't doing anything wrong other than not understanding the limitations of having 3 tuners rather than 4 tuners.

All the digital channels from your terrestrial transmitter are grouped onto single UHF multiplexes (abbreviated to MUX). Just one UHF carrier is used for each Mux.

Different transmitters have a different number of Mux. Main power transmitters have an extra two mux (COM 7 and COM

Here's the details for the Lark Stoke transmitter which I use (To find yours Google Freeview on xxxxx)

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Lark_Stoke

If you look at the info it reveals that Lark Stoke has 6 mux

PSB1 - UHF 26

PSB2 - UHF 23

PSB3 (HD) - UHF 30

COM 4 - UHF 23

COM 5 - UHF 36

COM 6 - UHF 48

Here's the key information - One tuner can record up two channels at once from the same mux. So in the above situation two tuners can record up to 4 channels at the same time from PSB 3 (You can in fact record the 5th by using the time shift buffer.

If you read the info more carefully it says it can record up to 4 at once subject to mux.

So if happen to want to record programmes from 3 different mux you need all 3 tuners so cannot record a 4th. Choose a mux that already has programmes allocated you will be able to record 4.

It's best to record from the HD mux as 4 out of the 5 HD channels are on the same mux.

| Sat 17 Aug 2019 15:44:47 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I should have said instead of -

"So if you happen to want to record programmes from 3 different mux you need all 3 tuners so cannot record a 4th. Choose a mux that already has programmes allocated you will be able to record 4.

Rather this -

"So if you happen to want to record programmes from 3 different mux you need all 3 tuners so cannot record a 4th (unless the Mux the 4th recording is on is a mux you have only one recording scheduled (one of the 3 tuners will be able to record this) .

Perhaps you might like to post an example. of the 4 recordings you want to make.

Often a search for the 4th will find a repeat on a +1 channel or a later repeat on the same channel will find a recording you can make.

| Sat 17 Aug 2019 21:41:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 
    I should have said instead of -
    "So if you happen to want to record programmes from 3 different mux you need all 3 tuners so cannot record a 4th. Choose a mux that already has programmes allocated you will be able to record 4.
    Rather this -
    "So if you happen to want to record programmes from 3 different mux you need all 3 tuners so cannot record a 4th (unless the Mux the 4th recording is on is a mux you have only one recording scheduled (one of the 3 tuners will be able to record this) .
    Perhaps you might like to post an example. of the 4 recordings you want to make.
    Often a search for the 4th will find a repeat on a +1 channel or a later repeat on the same channel will find a recording you can make.

I can say that I have not found a 4 channel recording combination I have not found a solution, I do however normally record only-HD.

| Sat 17 Aug 2019 21:44:10 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.