My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

"Unable to track" Error

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clive

Hello,

I've an HDR FOX T2, with the latest firmware. I'm starting to get the error message "Unable to track" on some of my pre programmed recordings. The recordings are listed but are empty.

Is this a bug? It's most frustrating. I can't trust my box to record the programmes I want at the moment!

Clive

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 11:51:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Clive - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've an HDR FOX T2, with the latest firmware. I'm starting to get the error message "Unable to track" on some of my pre programmed recordings. The recordings are listed but are empty.
    Is this a bug? It's most frustrating. I can't trust my box to record the programmes I want at the moment!

My guess would be that your box is not correctly tuned and you are receiving from a mix of transmitters. Press Menu>Settings>System>Signal detection; then press the right arrow on the large centre button. How many multiplexes are listed? If more than six, what are the numbers and where in the country are you (ideally give first part of post code)?

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 12:57:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clive

Thanks for your reply.

Since I posted I did look at the list of multiplexes and there were many more than six listed.Although I did not realise what the significance of that was until I read your reply.

I did an auto rescan and the list is now ,22,25,28,29,31,32 and 34.
    First part of my postcode is UB8.

I'm hoping the rescan has solved the problem.

Clive

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 13:25:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Clive - 33 minutes ago  » 
    I did an auto rescan and the list is now ,22,25,28,29,31,32 and 34.

Yes that looks correct for Crystal Palace. Let us know in a few weeks whether this has resolved the problem. Fingers crossed.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 13:59:51 #4 |
  5. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

The 7 muxes you now have sounds correct (6X Standard Def. and 1 Hi-Def), If you still get problems it could be due to AR errors, Accurate Recording is a system that notes the start time from the EPG and then starts looking 15Mins. before that time for a 'Start Signal' that is transmitted with each program, If the start signal is not sent the recording fails with the message "Unable to track". It is very rare for the BBC to miss a start signal (more common on other networks). AR can be switched off by using padding where the user sets say 1Min. to the start and 2Mins. to the end of all recordings in the Humax Menu.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 14:03:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clive

That's very interesting!

I don't have padding set up. I will try 1 minute at the start and two at the end as you suggest.

I'm sure other people must be unaware of AR errors and how to switch the AR system off.

Clive

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 14:39:35 #6 |
  7. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

As far as I know AR is not mentioned at all in the User Manual.
    Neither AR or Padding are perfect, padding can also be awkward, problems include more recording clashes due to the 3Min. overlap and recording consecutive programs on the same channel. There is a rule (reguardless of how many tuners are free) that you can't record the same program twice, To get around this, padding in between recordings is supressed, so two programs on the same channel say 9 'till 10 and 10 'till 11 would be recorded as 8:59 to 10:00 and 10:00 to 11:02, The problem is if the first programs ends at say 10:02 the 2Min. from 10:00 to 10:02 will be on the start of the second recorded program.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 15:13:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Clive - 49 minutes ago  » 
    I don't have padding set up. I will try 1 minute at the start and two at the end as you suggest.
    I'm sure other people must be unaware of AR errors and how to switch the AR system off.

My advice is stick with accurate recording if most of your recordings are from the main BBC and ITV channels. Both sytems have strengths and weaknesses but most AR problems on main channels are due to mis tuning and you have resolved that problem.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 15:31:19 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.