My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

unable to update firmware

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

etaf

i have a t2-fox HDR and had the 1.02.13 beta software for testing the sky portal for humax last year

decided to update the firmware to 1.02.27 - but get an E_ID error

tried a different usb stick
    also tried 1.02.20 - get the same error

any ideas ?

Solved - i need a utility to change the sys ID which humax are sending me

| Tue 17 Apr 2012 16:20:06 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You need the normal sys id file, I can provide this if still required, PM me email address to send to, if not the one you registered with.

| Tue 17 Apr 2012 17:41:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andybrody

Barry - 6 days ago  » 
    You need the normal sys id file, I can provide this if still required, PM me email address to send to, if not the one you registered with.

Hi do you think i need this sys id file for the following problem

I have 2 usb sticks one is a 8gb kingston data traveler the other a non discript 2g. Both formated with Fat32. If i put the firmware 1.02.27 on the root of either and then try to uplaod onto HDR-Fox T2, this i have tried by switching on the hummy via the rear mains switch or the front pane,l all that happens is I get the Humax flash screen with ver a7.31 in the bottm left corner for ever (I have left it for approx an hour) and START SYSTEM on the FIPdisplay, the led on the 8Gb stick flahes constanltey, all i can do it pull out the usb stick and switched off at the rear to gain control over the hummy again. If i look at the usb stick on the HDR it does not show any sign of the file only an upper folder. I can use either USB stick to play mp3s and video files with no problem at all and i can view all types of file.
    I can confirm on my PC that the file on the memory stick is hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf (cut and pasted file name from the usb stick) and it is 18,978 KB in size.
    S/V FHTCP1.02.20
    Loader a7.31
    Sys ID 8OBC.7EOO
    Update 10 june 2011
    Micon Ver 9.3

I would apprecitate any help
    Thanks in advance
    Andy:)

| Mon 23 Apr 2012 19:44:56 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No guarantees, reformat the stick in windows, have the only file on the stick the .hdf and try again.

| Mon 23 Apr 2012 20:01:47 #4 |
  5. mickiow

mickiow

Sorry if this has allready been said, but I have found some formatted memory sticks with just the update on and not in a folder just do not seem to be able to be read.

I now have one memory stick that I know works with my Humax and keep to that one.
    Mick.

| Mon 23 Apr 2012 20:15:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andybrody

mickiow - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry if this has allready been said, but I have found some formatted memory sticks with just the update on and not in a folder just do not seem to be able to be read.
    I now have one memory stick that I know works with my Humax and keep to that one.
    Mick.

Of to buy new usb stick any sugestions on brand or size
    Cheers
    Andy

| Mon 23 Apr 2012 20:40:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

andybrody

grahamlthompson - 38 minutes ago  » 
    No guarantees, reformat the stick in windows, have the only file on the stick the .hdf and try again.

Tried that several times on differnt pcs same result any sugestions on brand and size of usb stick
    Chers
    Andy

| Mon 23 Apr 2012 20:41:25 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andybrody - 4 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 38 minutes ago  » 

Tried that several times on differnt pcs same result any sugestions on brand and size of usb stick
    Chers
    Andy

If it's any help I use a Danelec 8GB stick on both a HDR Foxsat and a HD FOX T2. It seems to be a specific chip set problem.

| Mon 23 Apr 2012 20:47:33 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have many different usb pendrives, all work without a problem.

Kingston, Integral, Corsair, SanDisk, Mymemory, ranging in size up to 16GB.

To update, with unit in standby, connect pendrive to front usb socket, touch and keep touching the stby indicator on front of unit until upload commences, works everytime.

Note - If you have a usb HDD connected to rear port for archiving etc, try switching that off before upload.

| Tue 24 Apr 2012 8:48:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Would trying to load HD FOX T2 firmware instead of HDR FOX T2 firmware result in the firmware update being ignored?

| Tue 24 Apr 2012 13:29:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.