My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Unable to view channels when recording

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HowieB

Apologies if this has been asked before but I am having issues when viewing other channels on our Panasonic Smart TV when recording. I get a message saying ‘poor or bad signal’. Is this caused by incorrectly connecting the HDMI cable?

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 15:51:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HowieB - 5 mins ago  » 
    Apologies if this has been asked before but I am having issues when viewing other channels on our Panasonic Smart TV when recording. I get a message saying ‘poor or bad signal’. Is this caused by incorrectly connecting the HDMI cable?

Welcome to our Forum

Not incorrectly connected HDMI cable. Most likely the HDMI cable is too close to a poorly screened aerial cable. Separate the two as far as possible. If you replace the aerial cable with double screened satellite grade cable it should eliminate the problem.

Easy to test remove the HDMI cable from the foxsat HDMI out when it's recording and see if the TV tuner is now OK

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 16:01:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HowieB

Hi Graham
    Thanks for your post. I have removed the HDMI cable from the Humax box and as a result lost all channels as you suggested. Does this mean I should replace the satellite cable?

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 17:29:08 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HowieB - 29 secs ago  » 
    Hi Graham
    Thanks for your post. I have removed the HDMI cable from the Humax box and as a result lost all channels as you suggested. Does this mean I should replace the satellite cable?

A bit confused. Did removing the cable allow you to use the TV tuner to watch other channels ?

Or are you trying to watch other channels Using the Foxsat while it is recording.

If the above how many cables from the dish do have connected to the back of the Foxat-HDR box do you have connected

Is your TV connected to a normal aerial ?

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 17:30:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HowieB

Hi
    Apologies I’m not too technical.
    Removing the cable stopped me from watching other channels.
    Yes, I was trying watch other channels using Humax box.
    There are two cables from the dish attached to the box.

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 17:47:47 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HowieB - 4 mins ago  » 
    Hi
    Apologies I’m not too technical.
    Removing the cable stopped me from watching other channels.
    Yes, I was trying watch other channels using Humax box.
    There are two cables from the dish attached to the box.

Does your TV not have an aerial connected ?

Firstly while the TV is viewing the Foxsat-HDR output. Press the menu button.

Locate the setup option - Press right to highlight setup

Do not look at the screen. Press the coloured buttons one at time in this sequence.

Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue.

You should see a hidden menu Antenna Setting. Click OK to open it.

What does it say in Connection type ?

Also Look round the back of the Foxsat-HDR. There is 3 of the screw on F type connectors.

The two cables should be on the outer two with nothing on the middle one.

Can you confirm that this is how it's connected when posting the connection type.

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 18:04:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

HowieB

I think I have fixed it. The aerial cables were not attached to the two outside connectors. Thank you.

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 20:22:31 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HowieB - 14 hours ago  » 
    I think I have fixed it. The aerial cables were not attached to the two outside connectors. Thank you.

Because you setup the box with the cables on the wrong connections it will be in single cable mode. The test I posted using the hidden menu will confirm this.

You will need to do a reset to factory defaults to change the unit to dual cable mode. Try this if it does not work you are in single cable mode.

Check you can view the following channels by entering 952 on the remote. Now check 955 is viewable by entering the number.

Go back to 952 and press the instant record button. Now try watching 955.

If you cannot now watch 955 you need to do the factory reset. Watch for the two cables found message during the reset.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 10:57:01 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.