My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Unable to view or delete a viewed or partly viewed

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

An intermittent problem which is more noticeable with version 1.01.49
    I have noticed this occasionally on the earlier version when trying to delete a watched recording on the information section of the screen but at the time able to delete by move to the left of the screen with the list of recordings and use the edit facility.
    The problem appears to be initiated overnight as it can be operating OK when viewing in the evening but on checking in the morning the problem has occurred. It can be cleared by re-booting the box and is usually OK for until the next day. this does not occur every night but on most nights.
    I had been trying out the BETA version when I noticed this problem but it is the same with the release of 1.01.49. I had downloaded a copy of 1.01.34 and was trying to see if this problem was visible with it but it did not appear to be so. Unfortunately it is not possible to keep running on this version while still connected to the web as it keeps being updated to 1.01.49.
    On Tuesday I had 1.01.34 loaded and assuming I was safe from auto updates I left my router switched on. In the afternoon I noticed the problem was there again but I noticed that an auto update had occurred.
    I gave up trying 1.01.34 did a re-boot and was clear of the problem until Thursday morning. Re-booted again and still OK

It does seem to be due to something which happens overnight

Is there anyone who has noticed this happening

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 21:02:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

redmic - 1 week ago  » 
    I have noticed this occasionally on the earlier version when trying to delete a watched recording on the information section of the screen but at the time able to delete by move to the left of the screen with the list of recordings and use the edit facility.
    The problem appears to be initiated overnight as it can be operating OK when viewing in the evening but on checking in the morning the problem has occurred. It can be cleared by re-booting the box and is usually OK for until the next day. this does not occur every night but on most nights.
    I had been trying out the BETA version when I noticed this problem but it is the same with the release of 1.01.49. I had downloaded a copy of 1.01.34 and was trying to see if this problem was visible with it but it did not appear to be so. Unfortunately it is not possible to keep running on this version while still connected to the web as it keeps being updated to 1.01.49.
    On Tuesday I had 1.01.34 loaded and assuming I was safe from auto updates I left my router switched on. In the afternoon I noticed the problem was there again but I noticed that an auto update had occurred.
    I gave up trying 1.01.34 did a re-boot and was clear of the problem until Thursday morning. Re-booted again and still OK
    </[code]blockquote[>

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 10:42:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

redmic - 5 minutes ago  » 

redmic - 1 week ago  » 

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 10:49:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

Subsequent to this post I have carried out a "factory reset" on 4th Dec. (which provided it's own problems [see missing schedules]) and this problem appears to have disappeared, although with the reservation we have had some power outages locally

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 11:00:06 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.