My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Uncompressed audio stored on HDR-T2?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthurcnorman

I am considering attaching a high quality DAC to the optical output of my HDR FOX T2 with the output of that to a good hifi system. Given that I wish to consider storing the bulk of my music on the PVR but I would like to store it in an uncompressed or lossless form, not in MP3. It would be ideal if when I selected and played things I could get mostly stationary metadata or a CD cover image on the TV screen (and certainly not the jumping around stuff that the existing standard music player shows). I would hope/expect that the exact stuff I stored was sent to the optical link without adjustments that would damage quality. Can anybody advise - this must be something others have wanted to do but I have not found where it is discussed - so if there is a good existing thread just point me there and my apologies for not finding it myself sooner. Arthur

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 19:32:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pretty sure the HDR FOX T2 will only output digital audio stored on the hard disk in the following compressed audio formats, with only mp3 supported as a audio only file. You would have to create some sort of video track for the others (a static image will do).

Mpeg 1 Layer 2 (MP2) as used by SD broadcasters.
    MP3
    HE-AAC 2.0 or 5.1
    AC3 2.0 or 5.1

I know for a fact DTS, DTS HD master and .WAV file formats are not supported. Files with either have to have the audio replaced with ac3 or aac adio.

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 20:02:34 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.