My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Unit locking up

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kevb

Thanks Damian. I'm currently waiting for the laptop to connect to the ftp website and it's taking a lifetime. Is that normal? I have turned ftp 'on' on the pvr. Also I downloaded the modified upgrade to a usb stick and installed it on the pvr but it has the same name as the original. Is that correct? There was nothing to indicate it was a modified version.

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 23:20:04 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

The easiest way to check if you have the custom firmware installed is to look at the front panel display during startup. If installed it will display "Cust FW 2.15" or similar for a few seconds.

If this is not displayed then I would check that you have downloaded the correct file from the web site.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 0:00:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Kevb,

I'd have expected the ftp to connect immediately. There would appear to be a problem with network connectivity and we still need to confirm whether the custom firmware is installed or not.

What are the ip addresses of the humax and laptop? Also any other information that you think might be relevant would help, i.e. are you using network cables or wifi, type of router, does the humax box get warm or hot etc. etc.

As Martin and xyz321 have said/posted, a simple check to see if the custom firmware has installed is to watch the dim humax display, not the tv, when it boots up, i.e. when first switched on. If the Cust FW number is not displayed then double check that you are downloading the correct custom file, it's the zip file with 'mod' in the name, below the official ones if you follow Martin's link and click on Firmware Downloads

The whole idea of installing the custom firmware is to help you diagnose problems and put things right as well as making the box more user friendly. It's not necessary, but makes a lot of sense to have it.

See if you can confirm whether the custom firmware is/has installed and also let us know the ip addresses etc.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 13:45:33 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.