My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Unit not receiving remote signal

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gibdun

I have a HDR-7500T. It is about three months old. A few days ago when Turing on it would go to radio instead of tv and now I cannot even turn it on with the remote. The red light flashes on the remote but nothing happens. I have changed the batteries just in case but still the same. I can turn the unit on with the large button on the unit, this comes onto radio. I have no idea how to get it onto tv. It appears that the unit is not receiving the remote signal.
    I have no idea what to do next.
    HELP?

| Thu 11 Apr 2013 0:52:40 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Try this:

•Switch on your Freesat/Freeview (in you case HDR 7500T) Box

•Take the batteries out of your remote control

•Point your remote at the receiver on the box hold down the standby button for about 15 seconds

•Put the batteries back in

If all has gone well it should drain all power from the remote and cause it to reset itself.

Another cause could be a mismatch of the remote code in use between unit and remote see this FAQ

Caveat - I have no idea if your specific unit has this facility, but the remote almost certainly will, so it mght be an idea to step thru all 6 codes in turn (with unit powered off initially, and then on when code has been changed on remote)

As for radio, once you gain control of unit, bring up guide, press blue button and select TV. Highlighted should be on a programme currently on air, press OK to switch to that programme.

| Thu 11 Apr 2013 8:16:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gethnic

I've had the same malfunctioning remote control problem with my Foxsat HDR -it's worked fine for years, but suddenly has stopped controlling the PVR (works fine with the TV and DVD, and the batteries have been changed). It works occasionally, but most of the time not at all.

I went through the the above steps of draining the remote, with no success, have ensured both inner and outer films are removed from the front of the unit, and the receiver is clean. No success.

Then I tried the remote code mismatch steps linked above - just on the off chance, I don't have any other Humax kit that may interfere. The first time I did it, it worked, and the remote was fine until the following morning, when it was back to working intermittently, but barely at all.

Then I've been trying to do the same re-code again today, and it hasn't worked apart from one time, when again the remote went completely back to normal for a while, but has stopped working again. When I try to do the re-code, the buttons light up fine on the remote, and I've used a digital camera to ensure that it is transmitting IR fine (it is), so I'm at a bit of a loss.

The fact that when I do the re-code steps, I'm not getting an on-screen message, and the fact that it works fine following the rare successful re-codes makes me think that the IR receiver may be only intermittently working, but I guess I could only be sure if I tried an IR extender, but would like some opinions or help before I go and buy something....

Any help much appreciated, am getting bored/annoyed at trying the buttons a million times. Thanks!

| Fri 12 Apr 2013 14:40:27 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.