My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Unit not responding to remote

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

welly

Have a HDR FOX T2 purchased as a B grade unit from HumaxDirect website. This is a replacement unit (the first one failed to record and would not reformat HDD.
    This second unit has worked fine for just over 2 months, the problem I have now started about 2 weeks ago.The unit initially "locked up" after watching a recorded program. The only thing to do was a power off/on. Then the same problem happened when watching live tv. The front panel controls (volume +- and channel +-) still worked but the big button did not. I also have a HDFOXT2 and tried swapping remote control, batteries etc but problem continued. I rang HUMAX SUPPORT and they suggested i try to reinstall S/w so hey sent me the link to the Humax-online web site and I downloaded and installed s/w via usb. Installation went ok but problem persists. I am currently awaiting courier collection/replacement of my second unit.
    I took the following details from the sys info before doing the above :-
    Model HDR-FOX T2
    S/W FHTCP1.02.32
    Loader a7.33
    SYS ID 80BC.7E00
    UPDATE 15 Jan 2013
    Micom Ver 9.3
    MAC Add 00:03:78:BC:8E:41
    The only thing that looked different on the s/w I downloaded from Humax was the Loader which was described as a7.30/a7.31
    After the s/w install the Loader was still showing a7.33.
    Not sure if that is significant I guess I will have to await the replacement unit. Hopefully it will be third time lucky!

| Thu 19 Sep 2013 15:45:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Iceman

I have what appears to be the same problem with a HDR Fox T2, which, after several years, stopped responding to the remote yesterday. I checked the remote batteries, which have a good charge, and replaced them in the control. I checked at PVR was selected, and when that didn't work, disconnected and re-connected all the various cables, again without success. The tv works OK, though the picture is significantly poorer ( a bit improved by increasing contrast and sharpness) Using the remote has no effect whatsoever on the picture, and its not possible to bring up the menu or the guide. I suspect either a fault with the control, or perhaps a cable fault.

| Thu 19 Sep 2013 19:57:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

welly

Hi Iceman,
    not sure if your problem is as my experience. I had no picture degradation, just the whole unit not responding to (2 different) remotes.
    I'm sure there is another thread in these forums about possible "worn out" remote control units and methods of opening them up and cleaning the tracks inside. Maybe if you do a search for - opening up the remote control - that may help, particularly if your unit has been ok for a couple of years.

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 8:07:03 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.