My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

unit turns off at 2045

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrewrichardso

Hi all, Newbie here.I've recently purchased a humax hdr 1800 t.I'm pleased with it generally. but It seems to have this odd thing happen.It turns off while im watching a recorded programme at 2045 and to resume i have to press the TV/Av button on the TV remote.Now i could understand if it was set to record a programme to start at this time,But i haven't.Any suggestions.Many thanks Andy R

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 23:06:39 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Confused how the TV/AV button on TV remote turns the unit back on?
    I would guess that button switches the input source on the TV.

Is it definitely switching off, i.e. led turns to red?

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 23:58:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrewrichardso

Hi Barry.Yeah.I'LL be sitting there,Watching the box and it just goes black screen+ no sound.It's still turned on so to get it back i just hit the TV/AV source button and it comes back on.It's just weird how it's 8.45 most evenings.I had a sharp tur 160 before and this never happened,Thanks for the reply by the way.

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 23:32:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

What else do you have connected to your TV?
    It sounds as though you have something like an old Humax PVR (connected by scart?) and it is set-up to record something that normally starts at 21:00.

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 8:15:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrewrichardso

Hi Luke,Yes you could be right there.I still have my old Sharp pvr connected via scart,Humax by HDMI.No Ariel connected to sharp .I still have some films left on the sharp,So i only turn on the mains when needed [ on sharp ] There is also another thing it does.When i turn on the humax,It connects to the hdmi and then about 15 to 20 seconds later goes black screen and connects to hdmi again,Could this also be related do you think.Ill disconnect the scart tomorrow and see how that goes.Many thanks for replying .

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 23:08:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

andrewrichardso - 10 hours ago  » ...When i turn on the humax,It connects to the hdmi and then about 15 to 20 seconds later goes black screen and connects to hdmi again,Could this also be related do you think...

Mine does that also, always has done with no problems. It's simply the way the Humax operates in HDMI hand-shaking with some TVs.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 9:23:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrewrichardso

That will do for me.As long as i know that's normal operation.Cheers Andy R.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 22:47:19 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.