My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Update 1.01.25, Any real improvements?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

I am living in hope that they will address these very crucial functionality issues. There seems to be some resistance in the powers that are in control to take them as urgent.
    As I said before the hardware is excellent. Just let down by what is obviously must have functionality not being implemented. As you say these issues are costing sales so I do think they will have to address them.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 10:54:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

What I find perplexing about Humax boxes is that, given the long experience they have, each new box should be a clear step-up in function and ease of use from those previous. Instead each new release is like a task they gave to a new engineer/designer who had never seen a PVR before.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 12:03:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

I totally agree.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 12:19:28 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Yes, even down to not doing basic things like putting an info button on the remote.............. They have known about this for ages but have done nothing to enrich the software / user interface to simplify getting program information. The latest EPG release is even worse for getting program info for live programs.

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 0:10:08 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Even though there is no info button on the remote. All is not lost. Pick a colour Red, Green, Yellow or Blue. All redundant in the TV Guide and when watching a recording. The simple fix is to use a button (Any) as a info button. It is just a matter of a changing the software. Add internal storage management for internal drive and info button fix. Almost overnight Amazon will go from three stars to four or five. Because this is what is holding back a lot of people. Luckily the main rival to this box, Panasonic, has user interface issues too.

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 8:26:17 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Totally agree but sadly Humax Towers don't seem to listen.......

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 11:20:29 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.