My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Updating without losing planned recordings

(7 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

Channel 60 is missing on the channel list of my Humax HDR 200T, but I can see it on my Panasonic Viera TV.
    I believe this channel is changing tomorrow from "Chart" in the Manchester area to "True Crime."

How can I add this channel without losing my planned recordings?

| Mon 21 Mar 2016 16:23:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulius55

I don't think you can, you have to go through the guide and set them all up again. I would be delighted if someone comes on here and says that there is a way.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 10:20:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Manual retuning to a single multiplex will just loose the planned recordings from the schedule for that multiplex.
    For Winter Hill the Manchester G-MAN multiplex is on 57.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 11:11:46 #3 |
  4. Doghouse

Doghouse

I tried doing it manually channel by channel, it seemed not to be losing them as i searched each channel, but then, they all went. Fortunately I'd photographed the pages on the screen.
    It was strange because my Viera TV had found the new channel as the programme guide had changed from "Chart." But the Humax hadn't done the update. But everything is OK now, thanks all.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 11:19:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Doghouse - 27 minutes ago  » 
    I tried doing it manually channel by channel, it seemed not to be losing them as i searched each channel, but then, they all went.

Where you attempting to use the logical channel number which appears in the guide and also used for selecting a channel to watch using the remote? Those numbers are the wrong ones to use for manual tuning.

The G-MAN Manchester multiplex channels are all broadcast on just 1 frequency. It needs just one manual tune using just one number. The number is 57 for Winter Hill's Manchester G-MAN group of channels.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 11:57:42 #5 |
  6. Doghouse

Doghouse

I'm not au fait with the individual numbers so I tried them all. It did update some channels other than those just on 57. But I can't remember which. But anyway, thanks for your help.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 12:04:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

All new equipment is supposed to update EPG without wiping the recording schedule. However, if the manufacturer has already started manufacturing and selling their products they won't need to comply with the new regulations.

Humax will have to comply with their next batch of new models though. Brands like Panasonic have been compliant for years.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 15:50:38 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.