My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Upgrade to SCR LNB

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimbo71

To avoid recording conflicts (I have a single cable from LNB to PVR which cannot easily be replaced) I'm planning to install an SCR LNB and splitter. I would like to use the other output from the splitter to feed my TV (Panasonic TXP50GT30B) which I'm pretty sure is not SCR compatible. I'm looking for an affordable adaptor to interpose between the SCR splitter and the TV which will enable the TV to receive Freesat programmes independently of the PVR. I think I saw such a device somewhere, but can't remember where. Can anybody help?

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 21:50:25 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2799

You will need access to the secret antenna menu to set unicable mode.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 8:34:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimbo71

Thanks for that Repassac. Have you any ideas about whether it's possible (using an adaptor or converter) to connect the second splitter output to the TV (which I don't think is SCR compatible)?

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 10:00:21 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If the TV is not SCR compatible then your only real options are running a second cable from one of the legacy LNB outputs or using LNB1 Out for a limited service to the TV (Basically you can watch the same blocks of transponders as the Foxsat.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 10:31:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimbo71

Many thanks, that answers my question. Running a second cable from the LNB is not an easy option, so I'll just use the SCR LNB to feed the PVR. I was trying to make the TV receiver independent of the PVR (in case the PVR was ever out of service), but it doesn't seem to be possible without using the legacy output from the LNB. Thanks for your help.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 12:05:32 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.