My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Uploaded video timeout (av2hdr) or not showing

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

I'm having a go at uploading some videos to the HDR but having two problems.

1) Using AV2HDR it errors out after about 20 minutes with an error about transport stream cancelled by the host.

2) Using FileZilla to manually FTP works. I am transferring the 3 files but when I go to the HDR, it does not show in the list, even after switching off and on. It does show on the web interface and permissions appear to be ok. (I tried manually creating the directory for the thumbnails but that did not help)

I can work around it by using AV2HDR and then transferring the full file .ts file with FileZilla. (So far I have only waited for the .ts file to fail and then overwriting it, not sure if I can get av2hdr to NOT do the .ts file and just do it manually)

Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 11:08:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Content not appearing in the media list is most likely the .hmt file having the wrong path. Install Fixfilepaths and it will correct the .hmt path. Electing to rename the file and not changing anything will also correct the .hmt file.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 11:15:20 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

AlanFoxsat - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I'm having a go at uploading some videos to the HDR but having two problems.
    1) Using AV2HDR it errors out after about 20 minutes with an error about transport stream cancelled by the host.
    2) Using FileZilla to manually FTP works. I am transferring the 3 files but when I go to the HDR, it does not show in the list, even after switching off and on. It does show on the web interface and permissions appear to be ok. (I tried manually creating the directory for the thumbnails but that did not help)
    I can work around it by using AV2HDR and then transferring the full file .ts file with FileZilla. (So far I have only waited for the .ts file to fail and then overwriting it, not sure if I can get av2hdr to NOT do the .ts file and just do it manually)
    Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.

Suggest the AV2HDR ftp settings may be in error.

You mention that you can ftp the files to the Foxsat and they can be seen via the CF web interface. The reason they don't show on the Foxsat is the path in one of the sidecar files is incorrect. Using the rename command within the web interface will fix it (no need to actually change the name).

Normally with correct ftp settings you should select the destination folder from within AV2AVR and it will then place the files there with the correct path.

Edit: Graham's was quicker off the mark than me.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 11:17:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

Thanks both for the quick replies. I'm sure you are both right about the path. I think what I might have done, when creating the .hmt file, I had created a "Transfer" directory but when using FileZilla I uploaded to the root (video) directory. Will try again later.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 11:26:36 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.