My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Upstairs Downstairs

(10 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I had a problem last night with a series recording of Upstairs Downstairs.

Presumably the beeb screwed up the accurate record start after the football overran. The recording shows scheduled time as 21:05-22:05 and actual 21:34-22:08, losing around 25 minutes off the start.

Anyone else affected ?

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 11:16:24 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I had Countryfile (BBC1) and Top Gear (BBC2) set to record on my single tuner Panasonic which supports Accurate-Recording. Top Gear was scheduled to start as Countryfile finished so the single tuner should have coped. When Countryfile was delayed the Panasonic got really confused and messed up both recordings. I also had my 9200 record Countryfile and although I don't know the detail yet it does look like it's also messed up.

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 11:32:14 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not sure this is much help to you Graham, but it looks like the BBC stuffed up the running status changes...

Freeview - Antiques Roadshow (BBC 1 HD) recording has approx 28 minutes overrun recorded using AR, ie the bit you are missing from U/D

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 12:03:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Not sure this is much help to you Graham, but it looks like the BBC stuffed up the running status changes...

Interestingly our Freeview HDR appears to have recorded it perfectly in SD but SWMBO tells me rather angrily that the 9200 at our holiday home failed to record it.

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 12:13:25 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Foxsat failed for me. Had to iPlayer it.

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 12:33:34 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Tis repeated in the early hours of Thursday morning, but will be signed according to the synopsis.

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 13:37:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilC

I think it was all down to the Liverpool match going on & on & on due to extra time then penalties.

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 15:54:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Our Freeview HD recording also failed (from Crystal Palace)'unable to track recording'.

SWMBO watched it via iPlayer

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 18:38:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NeilC - 2 hours ago  » 
    I think it was all down to the Liverpool match going on & on & on due to extra time then penalties.

Yes of course but the point at issue is that it is exactly the situation that accurate recording is designed to cope with. However it does require the broadacster to make appropriate changes to the relevant metadata which, on some platforms, they appear to have failed to do.

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 18:42:39 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mickatkirkby

I'm lucky that the wife is a semi-Liverpool Fan so knew it was overrunning when my supper was late. Extended time to catch (just in case). This week missed it tho' cause clashed with 'Homeland' on my single LNB. (Thanks i-Player) Got the box for Christmas so still learning.

| Thu 8 Mar 2012 11:15:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.