My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

USB drive no longer recognised

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickclay

Hi, I've had this problem once or twice before but it's always been resolved by powering down and/or reconnecting the external drive (Seagate 1TB).I'm back in the UK after a few months in France. Before going to France I transferred several recent recordings from my FOXSAT HDR internal HDD to the external usb drive. I was then able to watch some of them while in France, as I have a FOXSAT HDR over there too. Now I'm back and the usb drive is not recognised when connected to the Humax here. I know the drive and cable are ok as the drive fires up as it should as soon as it's plugged into the Humax. I've tried it in both front and back usb ports, I've tried various sequences of reconnection (with power on, power off, etc) and I've done a factory reset on the Humax, but so far it stubbornly refuses to find the external drive. Any ideas anyone?

| Sat 12 Nov 2011 10:08:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickclay

Problem solved: it was the cable! Should've checked it before I posted, but because the drive powered up and down when the cable was connected/disconnected, I assumed it was ok. Actually it is ok, but it's not the cable for this drive; it's the one for my card reader, and the two had obviously got swapped when I unpacked. Interesting, though, that two identical-looking usb cables (one slightly longer than the other) should not be interchangeable. Rather undermines one's confidence in the "u" of usb!

| Sat 12 Nov 2011 12:26:37 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.