My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

USB problem

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

deebee

Hi all, can someone help an old duffer out?
    I put a film on to a USB flash drive, but when I inserted it in my Foxsat, I got a message " must be Fat"
    OK went back to pc to re format but found another that is already FAT & put film on this.
    Now when I plug it in I get a "USB connected" message, but after that I can't find how to open & view this? I have done what it says in the instruction manual but can't get any where!!
    HELP ( & please be gentle with me!!)
    thanks in advance
    Dave
    PS film will play directly on tv & dvd player but I am hoping that I can transfer it from flashdrive to foxsat HDD

| Sat 12 Nov 2011 12:00:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Foxsat-hdr won't play back non native video files, even if the drive is recognised. If they are a suitable format they need conversion into 3 files. A transport stream file .ts and two support files (.hmt and .nts). Raydon has written a super utility to do this job.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/av2hdr-v-15-with-ftp-transfer#post-149

The Foxsat-hdr can be very picky about the usb pen drives it works with. Try formatting the drive fat32 from windows. If the hdr still does not recognise you will need to try another. Some have hidden partitions, if you have one of these the drive will need the existing partitions removing and a new one spanning the entire drive recreating and formatting FAT32.

| Sat 12 Nov 2011 12:51:07 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.