My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

usb stick

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

upton

I have 2 usb sticks. Both are formatted Fat32. One is recognised but the other is not. Why?

| Sun 31 May 2015 13:39:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Probably a chip set issue. Do really mean a Foxsat-HD ? What are you intending to do with a USB stick with a Foxsat HD ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 31 May 2015 14:42:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

upton

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I have successfully converted mp4 file to mpg and via AV2HDR produced the 3 files necessary to import to the Foxsat-HDR. I copied these to a memory stick formatted Fat32, as required. I introduced the stick to the Foxsat-HDR and it worked perfectly. I could watch the film as if I had recorded it on the Foxsat.I tried again with a different stick formatted fat32 but it will not recognise it. This is the problem.

Admin note: Moved thread to Foxsat HDR forum.

| Mon 1 Jun 2015 7:14:40 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Just to mnake sure - does the Foxsat not detect the stick insertion or not see the files?.

The first would indicate something not Ok with the stick, I suggest reformatting.
    Not seeing the files would perhaps indicate a problem with the path that AV2HDR would have inserted in the (I think) .hmt file.

Does a PC see and play the .ts?

| Mon 1 Jun 2015 11:06:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

upton

It is constantly rejected with a message requiring it to be EXT3/Fat32. I have reformatted it with a full format but still no go. I have tried a third memory stick, again formatted Fat32 but it is rejected. There appears to be no logic. It just seems a bit choosy on memory sticks!

| Mon 1 Jun 2015 12:31:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

upton

I have just managed to format and use another memory stick which has worked perfectly. I'm sorry - I may be wasting peoples time. I think I will settle for having some sticks that handle this function and some that can't!

| Mon 1 Jun 2015 16:36:21 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.