My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

USB storage device detected message FVP 4000T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Can anyone explain why my FVP 4000t shows that a ‘USB storage device has been detected’ on every boot, despite the fact that the external drive (Samsung Maxtor 500GB usb powered) remains connected at all times albeit that it powers down with the STB. The splash gives you the option to select video, music or pictures ie directing you to the media section menu. This can of course be ‘x’d out but is a little annoying every time the box is booted. The plus side is that the recordings menu shows all recordings listed together regardless of whether they on the internal or external drive. An improvement I think on the Foxsat HDR.

| Tue 20 Mar 2018 15:31:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Because the box mounts the drive on boot. It doesn't remember that it was connected before.

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 20 Mar 2018 16:24:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes that's the only reason I could come up with. However if I attach the same drive to my PC for instance it 'installs' the first time of use and is then subsequently recognised on susequent boots without further warning messages. I suppose I'm a little surprised the FVP4000T doesn't retain recognition of the same external drive particularly as the external recordings are all in place and listed.

| Tue 20 Mar 2018 16:35:06 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your PC installs the drivers needed to use it on first use.
    What happens on subsequent boots depends on other settings such as drive mappings.

| Tue 20 Mar 2018 17:34:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Thanks. Yes fair point. Asking a bit much for the FVP4000T to map the drive etc. Nice piece of kit nevertheless. Knocks spots off the 'free' Youview STBs supplied by at least one major ISP. That's basically why I bought it. Also still happily using my Foxsat HDR with custom firmware.

| Tue 20 Mar 2018 18:57:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.